IGNORED

spotify sux

mushroom

ive posted in the are music streaming services ethical thread - but since this is the current space to vent frustrations:

it does annoy me how seemingly everybody who comes over to my place for social gatherings expects to add to a spotify playlist or is incredulous when i say im just playing albums from a collection.  i have zero problem with people using and enjoying spotify, but it seems to have made an inordinate amount of people (hopefully not you lot) forget that there are other ways to play music and streaming is not required

Rules are MY PLACE MY FUCKING MUSIC.  Unless I'm too drunk to care.

Same with car, etc.  If i'm driving and you think you are playing your shitty music I'll bitch slap your ass back to the kremlin.

Oh yea and about the last part--- I've completely stopped using CDs, Tapes, anything.  I'm only streaming now.  It's just way easier man-- have all of my favorite music loaded into an SD card on my phone, so can play my favorite tracks where I am via bluetooth or whatever.

I'll still buy the physicals just to support and for the art though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the reaction I get when someone asks if they can plug in their phone or connect to bluetooth in my car. It's a 2005. No audio input. No goddamn bluetooth. You're at the whim of my CD collection now.

i love the reaction i get when girls ask if they can plug their phone into my car's audio input to listen to florence and the machine and i look over, very slowly, grinning ear to ear, swerving all over the road, and say "i only listen to music i've spent months autistically committing to memory" and then i loudly hum redfall through my gritted teeth while they scream and scream.

i love the reaction i get when girls ask if they can plug their phone into my car's audio input to listen to florence and the machine and i look over, very slowly, grinning ear to ear, swerving all over the road, and say "i only listen to music i've spent months autistically committing to memory" and then i loudly hum redfall through my gritted teeth while they scream and scream.

lol

lol

lol

lol
lol
lol

I really like Spotify. It's really easy to find stuff that I like on it. The one thing that pisses me off about it is that it seems to hate playing your playlists. I have several playlists, most of them upwards of 300 songs, but Spotify rarely wants to play the whole thing, especially on mobile. It usually plays about 20 songs on desktop or 10 on mobile, and then goes to radio based on the playlist. I really hate that. It also kinda has a habit of trying to make me listen to things I've thumbed down on numerous occasions, as if this will be the time I decide that I like Ariel Pink.

"Oh, you like John Maus? Let's try some Haunted Graffiti!"

"Damn, dude, you love Death Grips! Have you heard The I.L.Y's?"

"A big fan of Gang of Four? Listen to Suburban Lawns!"

Seriously, this happens nearly every time I listen to Spotify on shuffle. If anyone knows a way to get it to stop doing this, please let me know.

I really like Spotify. It's really easy to find stuff that I like on it. The one thing that pisses me off about it is that it seems to hate playing your playlists. I have several playlists, most of them upwards of 300 songs, but Spotify rarely wants to play the whole thing, especially on mobile. It usually plays about 20 songs on desktop or 10 on mobile, and then goes to radio based on the playlist. I really hate that. It also kinda has a habit of trying to make me listen to things I've thumbed down on numerous occasions, as if this will be the time I decide that I like Ariel Pink.

Seriously, this happens nearly every time I listen to Spotify on shuffle. If anyone knows a way to get it to stop doing this, please let me know.

sounds like you’re using the free version.

Indeed I am... but it shouldn't matter. Why restrict the playlists you've made so they can play other stuff you might like? And it hasn't always been this way. I've only noticed it recently.

lol
lol
lol

lol

Indeed I am... but it shouldn't matter. Why restrict the playlists you've made so they can play other stuff you might like? And it hasn't always been this way. I've only noticed it recently.

I use the free one too. On desktop, it will only stray after the playlist is over. You can turn that off in settings.

On mobile, I can only shuffle. I cant listen to an artist unless its on shuffle, same with playlists. I never use the mobile and I only really use the desktop at work. If you pay, you wont have any of these issues at all.

lol
lol
lol

lol

lol

Paying for music is out, it seems.

I buy all of my favorite artists. I use spotify to find new ones or just listen to a playlist on shuffle

I can not live without their discovery weekly playlist anymore. that is fantastic.

I like Spotify so much I would pay double, even treble what they charge. I listen to it about 90% of the time at work only occasionally wondering why I don't have any work friends.

So much music that has been on my radar for decades I've been able to listen to. At a touch of a button.

I'm a bit middle-aged and appreciate this on an epic scale. I can't tell you how much it means really, it makes me very simply, very happy.

Befuddles, bewilders and confuses me why such a thing could ever sux (sic).

Sincerely.

Archived