IGNORED

spotify sux

mushroom

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotify works pretty well for me.  It's not perfect, but I fill the gaps with local files, which sync to my phone, and it plays well with my car.  

I keep the remainder of my music in FLAC and vinyl, but Spotify is much more convenient for the car and work.  I keep a 1400+ mega playlist that I use as my own personal radio station.

Yeah the web-app's not amazing, but the desktop and mobile apps work quite nicely in my experience. Why are you even fucking with the web-app?

It's not that hard to find and listen to an album. Maybe an extra second of scroll/clicking.

It does lack depth in some catalog areas, but can be supplemented with personal files.

One of the things I like best about it is the algorithms for suggesting similar music. You can make a radio station out of any song, album, artist, or playlist.

I like putting together small playlists of songs with a similar feel and seeing what new stuff it points me to.

Nobody has a raygun pointed and your skull and will pull the trigger and unleash a death ray that will melt your eyeballs and brain if you don't use it.

But then you'd have nothing to complain about. Oh better carry on using it then.

fuck off. I can be critical of whatever I want to, including your stupid post, which is bad

sorry mate, it's just a bit of banter, I'm not really too fussed about your gripe with Spotify

; )

wholeheartedly agree with the bandcamp recommendation.

I also use soundcloud and an app called IndieShuffle.

otherwise certain dodgy Russian torrent sites.

Yeah the web-app's not amazing, but the desktop and mobile apps work quite nicely in my experience. Why are you even fucking with the web-app?

It's not that hard to find and listen to an album. Maybe an extra second of scroll/clicking.

It does lack depth in some catalog areas, but can be supplemented with personal files.

One of the things I like best about it is the algorithms for suggesting similar music. You can make a radio station out of any song, album, artist, or playlist.

I like putting together small playlists of songs with a similar feel and seeing what new stuff it points me to.

I am using the desktop app, it takes like 15 seconds from startup to even get to a song selection, even my local files, and then another 5-10 to actually be able to play a song after that.

after startup the speed and responsiveness is tolerable (as long as I don't try to use search) but the interface is still really bad and ugly.

a desktop application should look like the rest of your OS, not like a phone app. I hate the discord client for this reason too but there's not really an easy alternative to that.

Nobody has a raygun pointed and your skull and will pull the trigger and unleash a death ray that will melt your eyeballs and brain if you don't use it.

how dare you assume this

a general streamy sucky thing:

been waiting for that new death grips album innit. apparently it's out? well, not in apple music germany it isn't! UGGGHHHH!!!

so had to resort to fkn STEAL it from the internt like it's 2005. why are you doing this, streaming service????

If it's any comfort it's been on Spotify since...eh.. April?

If it's any comfort it's been on Spotify since...eh.. April?

nay!

S1VP8tZzm.jpeg

it’s not in the releases thing.

SklNw8KWM7.png

if I click on [and more] the songs from the album show up, but they don’t play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've never used spotify. Does the bandcamp app have chromecast audio support yet? I'd use it so much more if it did

I don't think so, the Bandcamp app is a bit old school in its level of what it can do and support in regards to the 'major' music apps, at least on Android. 

Man I love Spotify.  Great for throwing on the App on the Cellphone and just letting it roll.  I'm just too fucking old and lazy now to pick and play every little thing I want to hear.  Artist radio is pretty awesome, just pick an artist that completely fits your mood at the moment and throw that shit on and you are golden.  You may have to skip sometimes but if you have premium that really doesn't matter.

Also started a Chill IDM / Ambient / Electronic playlist-- Get on it!

Chill and Vibe Tunes

ive posted in the are music streaming services ethical thread - but since this is the current space to vent frustrations:

it does annoy me how seemingly everybody who comes over to my place for social gatherings expects to add to a spotify playlist or is incredulous when i say im just playing albums from a collection.  i have zero problem with people using and enjoying spotify, but it seems to have made an inordinate amount of people (hopefully not you lot) forget that there are other ways to play music and streaming is not required

Archived