IGNORED

icari

dingformung

icari has it all really. the rhythmic progressions remind me of untilted-era AE, while the brittle sound design recalls EP7 and Oversteps material in equal measure.

there are also a few elements that get introduced rather suddenly (like @3:20 for example), which is something that I don't hear that often in newer AE tracks and usually associate with draft/untilted era beats.

incredible ending as well. one of my favs from the sessions fo sho

icari has it all really. the rhythmic progressions remind me of untilted-era AE, while the brittle sound design recalls EP7 and Oversteps material in equal measure.

there are also a few elements that get introduced rather suddenly (like @3:20 for example), which is something that I don't hear that often in newer AE tracks and usually associate with draft/untilted era beats.

incredible ending as well. one of my favs from the sessions fo sho

Fo sho-fo sho-fo sho....

=P

Love icari...

Any relation to Characi? I'm bad at catching when melodies and such have been reused but the vibes are similar...plus the names are possibly related...anyone, or am I just wrong?

• 2 months later...

Icari is such a nice jam. I think the boys were just having fun and tweaking and adding ideas in real time. If flows perfectly and it could go on for much longer. The arrival of the ending synth patch seems a bit rushed, as if they realized that the time was running out. But to be fair, the pad sounds regal. It's perfectly executed in the best AE style. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived