IGNORED

Journey Aphex Twin Care Mix

mushroom

it's really a shame that 26 Mixes for Cash will probably never see another release considering what a rights nightmare it must be. Hell we're lucky it got released in the first place. But I managed to find it again yesterday (in flac, dont worry I bought the CD a long time ago) and I enjoyed it at work today after having not listened to it in years probably. its one of his best releases imo.

it's really a shame that 26 Mixes for Cash will probably never see another release considering what a rights nightmare it must be. Hell we're lucky it got released in the first place. But I managed to find it again yesterday (in flac, dont worry I bought the CD a long time ago) and I enjoyed it at work today after having not listened to it in years probably. its one of his best releases imo.

It got released because another label was planning the same thing so WARP jumped and got it out and secured the rights.

Now, for the audio sources... there's another nightmare.

It got released because another label was planning the same thing so WARP jumped and got it out and secured the rights.

Was it Peacefrog Records ? Was really surprised when Plaid's remixes compilation (Parts In The Post) ended up on there rather than Warmp...

this is my favourite track on 26 Mixes and one of my favourite ever tracks by anyone. there's something about those long, brooding tracks from the '93 era i really love, tracks like On D-Scape Mix, Bradley's Robot, the Quoth EP, and the Mindstream remix (which runs at seven minutes on the MBM single).

this track in particular is not so harsh on the ears - those luscious vocal samples along with richard's gradual building and teasing make for a truly remarkable piece of sound design. the kind of long and repetative track that he perfected in this era is met here with a flawless exploration into reverb, acoustics and textural movement. it's one of those rare, magical times when so many strange elements are tuned to expertise and combined.

the Mindstream remix (which runs at seven minutes on the MBM single)

oh wow, I know At The Heart Of It All got cut down but I didn't know about this.

Lovely tune.  Curve - Falling Free remix and Mindstream remix are my favorites on '26 mixes'.  I bought the original vinyl a couple ago for the longer mix of Mindstream. 

Other favorites on 26 mixes for cash include the Nav Katze remixes (Ziggy especially), the Buck Tick - In The Glitter remix, the  Kinesthesia - Triachus remix.

Little known fact for the less hardcore fans, there are other remixes of the Jesus Jones, St. Etienne, and See Feel remixes on the actual single releases.  All of which are great IMO.

Lovely tune.  Curve - Falling Free remix and Mindstream remix are my favorites on '26 mixes'.  I bought the original vinyl a couple ago for the longer mix of Mindstream. 

Other favorites on 26 mixes for cash include the Nav Katze remixes (Ziggy especially), the Buck Tick - In The Glitter remix, the  Kinesthesia - Triachus remix.

Little known fact for the less hardcore fans, there are other remixes of the Jesus Jones, St. Etienne, and See Feel remixes on the actual single releases.  All of which are great IMO.

i'm pretty sure someone in this subforum made a playlist of all the remixes that aren't available on 26 mixes for cash.

there's something about those long, brooding tracks from the '93 era i really love, tracks like On D-Scape Mix, Bradley's Robot, the Quoth EP, and the Mindstream remix (which runs at seven minutes on the MBM single).

Yes, this. There're so great tunes from that period. Especially the hidden Quoth mix is tits. When it comes to mixes, would also add Curve remix which killabyte11 mentioned earlier, Saint Etienne's - Who Do You Think You Are (Quex-RD) and Soft Ballet - Sand Love (aka Japan from SC dump). Love the metallic percussion on those. Hanging my head in shame ' cause didn't know either that the 26 mixes version of mindstream is cut, never bothered to check and compare the durations.

Yeah I don't know how that Soft Ballet remix didn't end up on 26 mixes, love that one.  Maybe cuz it's like 11 mins.  As for the other remixes that didn't end up on it, the only one I hadn't heard til recently is the slow mix of See Feel's - Time To Find Me.  Somehow this slipped my radar.

Archived