2 bad we won't get to hear our joyboss tough

new album coming up?

Um.... no comment.

mgs-pw-no4-670x379.jpg

More like:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theory, this will coincide with an album announcement. PR reasons and such.

this. pls rich.

Only if someone helps him tune in his analogues.

twas ok.... nice little dittys from David Toop, scanner etc.... somebody rip the sandpaper :).... and the usual complete overlook of tuss/analord/sc dump... at least they had a snip of one of the tracks... :/

Yeah, it was fine.  The timeline jumped around, and they left out the Analord and Tuss releases. Also they went all in on the "he lies so much" angle.  I still feel like he's pretty honest in most of his interviews, but it's a more compelling story.

Oh, and of course it's an 'A'.  Was there really any confusion about this?  

Yeah, it was fine.  The timeline jumped around, and they left out the Analord and Tuss releases.

Yeah the 'all but vanished from view for 13 years' during the intro was a little weird - even if it's just considering the 'Aphex Twin' moniker the gap 'tween Analord 10 and Syro was 9 years

David Toop's voice is lovely mind, could listen to him for hours

They also said fans didn't like drukqs and that it was a turkey of an album but didn't go on to explain it's considered by some fans to be a masterpiece of an album possibly his best album.

Yeah I've never heard that rumour of Drukqs being 'deliberately a dud album to end the contract' - That was never a thing was it ?!

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah I've never heard that rumour of Drukqs being 'deliberately a dud album to end the contract' - That was never a thing was it ?!

maxresdefault.jpg

I had definitely heard that rumor about the 26 mixes for cash- it was a quick remix album to get him out of his contract 

maxresdefault.jpg

I had definitely heard that rumor about the 26 mixes for cash- it was a quick remix album to get him out of his contract

maybe I'm wrong but I remember reading it was actually Warp trying to get it out asap to beat a 'bootleg' release a la 1972's Aphex reissues

I'm going off memory, but I do remember that being a thing (that infamous Pitchfork review mentions the contract in the first paragraph).  I think they even asked him directly in an interview way back, which is where the lost mp3 player thing came from.

Drukqs wasn't really well received (at least in the US) back in 01.  I remember a Brainwashed.com review that said something like "97 was 4 years ago".

Critics just heard "more fast drill'n'bass" and decided to start trashing.  

They should have explained Drukqs a bit more. At the beginning, they play a clip of an interview with him where he's talking about preparing a piano, but they neglect to mention a third of the tunes on Drukqs are exactly that.

It's kind of funny Drukqs is still considered too avant-garde for some Aphex fans.

(edit: plus they're computer controlled from the Disklavier...should be quite intriguing for anyone that hated that album when they first heard it)

I'm going off memory, but I do remember that being a thing (that infamous Pitchfork review mentions the contract in the first paragraph). I think they even asked him directly in an interview way back, which is where the lost mp3 player thing came from.

Drukqs wasn't really well received (at least in the US) back in 01. I remember a Brainwashed.com review that said something like "97 was 4 years ago".

No chance. If you released something half-arsed then someone said it was quite good you wouldn't be offended unlike our dear RDJ. One of the few times he has been direct with his listeners is when he thanks you for listening at the end. That album was created to push boundaries and its fucking wicked.

I'm going off memory, but I do remember that being a thing (that infamous Pitchfork review mentions the contract in the first paragraph).  I think they even asked him directly in an interview way back, which is where the lost mp3 player thing came from.

Drukqs wasn't really well received (at least in the US) back in 01.  I remember a Brainwashed.com review that said something like "97 was 4 years ago".

"Disappointment."

drukqs9psa8.jpg

:catsuicide:

I'm wondering if my memory of how much it was widely loved was just as a result of the echo chamber of my time spent here when it was released and pushing said love onto my group of friends! I don't understand it, it still remains one of the best electronic albums ever produced.

I'm wondering if my memory of how much it was widely loved was just as a result of the echo chamber of my time spent here when it was released and pushing said love onto my group of friends! I don't understand it, it still remains one of the best electronic albums ever produced.

zq950v2j5sof.jpg

It was always "quite good.", mcbpeter - don't let the British Borecasting Combustion tell you otherwise!

:catrecline:

Archived