IGNORED

The cult of aphex twin - bbc radio 4 doc

Amen Warrior

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this is the programme I mentioned (I was actually interviewed for it, but my contributions didn't make the cut - and to be honest, having listened to the final product I think they were wise to omit my part since they got so many wonderful (and far more notable) people to speak about Richard and his music).

It's really well put together, and I highly recommend listening to it when it airs or afterwards if available digitally.

That's a shame, I'd love to hear The Watmm Shepherd speak

Getting your heartfelt contribution excised from an AFX documentary for most IDM 2019

On next tuesday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b88k6l

Does he move among his many fans on electronic dance music forums online, often trolling them and stirring up these very myths?

Yeah, this is the programme I mentioned (I was actually interviewed for it, but my contributions didn't make the cut - and to be honest, having listened to the final product I think they were wise to omit my part since they got so many wonderful (and far more notable) people to speak about Richard and his music).

It's really well put together, and I highly recommend listening to it when it airs or afterwards if available digitally.

So they didn't ask the one person who knows if phex moves among us?

state of journalism these days:)

No, they certainly did (my interview lasted over an hour (!)); lots of great stuff was talked about

Ah too bad i would have loved to have seen/heard you Joyrex

Hope i can check this out after it airs.

No, you really wouldn't - I have a horrible voice (let alone a "radio voice"). Listeners would have been turning off in droves!

Did they ask you about the "quite good" debacle?

I hope they did, even though it didn't make the cut...  I told him about the anecdote, and suggested he ask Joyrex about it, and if memory serves I think he was already aware of it, or at least of Joyrex himself.

Yes, we talked at length about "quite good", amongst other things...

very nice! will tune in for sure

2 bad we won't get to hear our joyboss tough

new album coming up?

Um.... no comment.

On next tuesday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b88k6l

Does he move among his many fans on electronic dance music forums online, often trolling them and stirring up these very myths?

So they didn't ask the one person who knows if phex moves among us?

state of journalism these days:)

No, they certainly did (my interview lasted over an hour (!)); lots of great stuff was talked about

Ah too bad i would have loved to have seen/heard you Joyrex

Hope i can check this out after it airs.

No, you really wouldn't - I have a horrible voice (let alone a "radio voice"). Listeners would have been turning off in droves!

Did they ask you about the "quite good" debacle?

I hope they did, even though it didn't make the cut... I told him about the anecdote, and suggested he ask Joyrex about it, and if memory serves I think he was already aware of it, or at least of Joyrex himself.

Yes, we talked at length about "quite good", amongst other things...

very nice! will tune in for sure

2 bad we won't get to hear our joyboss tough

new album coming up?

Um.... no comment.

I would have loved to hear about the "quite good" incident on radio 4! Essential bit of aphex lore that

My dad works at BBC he told me the interviewer asked joyrex when's the new site coming up and Joyrex hung up on him

hehe... the phone rebooted during the upgrade

Archived