IGNORED

goofy and carnivalesque autechre tracks

dingformung

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Stop Look Listen falls under this category but In case of Lowride I suspect they legitimately thought it sounds dark and etherial at that time and it's the way it aged that gave it a bit of a funny feel but might be mistaken

^Agreed, first thing that came to my mind is quaristice is full of this mood. Most obviously in IO, Perlence, fwze, BNC castl..

Unrelated observation, fwze sounds like it is influnced by or would fit in with Mr Oizo's Moustache (Half a Scissor).  An album anyone who is into the more silly side of autechre should know/check out.

Stop Look Listen is kinda neutralised by the second half where it goes all dark though.

I also don't agree with maphive6.1, for similar reasons.. but then again maybe I'm biased because it's one of my favourite electronic compositions of all time.

known(1) comes close for me, at least when I first heard it I had a bit of a giggle when that lead came in, awesome track though.

bnc castl for sure though, love the toy dog barks

plyPhon, eidetic casein, bnc is alright. overall probably my least fav style of theirs tho, something immersion breaking about it, dunno. that being said i've decided to like splesh. fLh still a bit poop. dummy casual doesn't sound goofy to me, neither does stop look listen. the latter i'd describe as "playful" at best / worst.

You psychos are mixing emotions again! Upbeat does not equal goofy! FUCK

There is only one candidate for carnivalesque Autechre tracks: Theme of Sudden Roundabout

BOOOOOOOM! FUCK YOUUUUUU

Theme of Sudden Roundabout??!?!?! ARE U MENTAL

IT'S LITERALLY AN EVIL CARNIVAL AT NIGHT YOU MAD CUNT

Archived