IGNORED

goofy and carnivalesque autechre tracks

dingformung

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought IO, particularly that melody during the first half, sounds like a circus carnival organ melody line. My wife disagrees and thinks it sounds like a 90's video game boss/villain theme... which is obviously high praise.

The organ-ish motif in Blyz Castl also has sort of a 'carnival organ melody and/or 90s video game boss theme' vibe imo.

nodezsh kind of has a dark carnival feel to it, like being presented with some kind of theatre macabre ghost house deal, led by a mad magician luring you in and every um-thwack-um-thwack means you've hit another dead end in its maze of madness

Medrey is two drunk robots having a belching contest, while sat in a Shanghai Hyper-Hub awaiting off-world transport. The year is 2301.

You fucker!

Now I'm always going to think of this whenever I hear it...

=X

=P

Thanks for the smiles, I needed them today.

:beer:  :beer:

Medrey is the reason for RIchard calling a track Chink 101.

He saw that title and was like "welp, you cunts are clearly winning when it comes to quality and consistency of music, but you won't win the racist track title wars you fuckers"

that one rather recent non-album track (remix? compilation track?) with the cockoo clock sound, can't remember the name right now... that was pretty goofy imho

6852? Don't remember a clock sound in it but it's a bit cheeky. Just comes across to me as cheerful and fun and happy with an undercurrent of slight darkness beneath/behind maybe? Not 'goofy' to my ears but this is all subjective (also I dunno if you're even talking about that song lol)

Medrey is two drunk robots having a belching contest, while sat in a Shanghai Hyper-Hub awaiting off-world transport. The year is 2301.

how have I never heard this??? wtf!

You've never heard Medry?? It's a great track! I remember getting it YEARS ago, I think like one of the first b-side sorta things I downloaded online (maybe actually Napster? who knows). The mp3 was shitty quality like they mostly were back then, I remember the high frequencies and hi-hat like bits having that shitty washy sound. 

You know what track ironically isn't that carnivalesque? Carni.  :cisfor: 

Medrey is the reason for RIchard calling a track Chink 101.

He saw that title and was like "welp, you cunts are clearly winning when it comes to quality and consistency of music, but you won't win the racist track title wars you fuckers"

How is Medry racist? I had no clue

Two full pages and still no mention of SonDEremawe?? Are we really gonna overlook Rob's sole contribution to the Ae cannon like that?

edit: i meant 'canon' but maybe it's better that way

Archived