IGNORED

goofy and carnivalesque autechre tracks

dingformung

The organ-ish motif in Blyz Castl also has sort of a 'carnival organ melody and/or 90s video game boss theme' vibe imo.

Yup, I'm hearing it. Quite similar to IO, but a bit further underneath in the mix.

Dude, sometimes you just gotta go full "carnival."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that one rather recent non-album track (remix? compilation track?) with the cuckoo clock sound, can't remember the name right now... that was pretty goofy imho

6852? Don't remember a clock sound in it but it's a bit cheeky. Just comes across to me as cheerful and fun and happy with an undercurrent of slight darkness beneath/behind maybe? Not 'goofy' to my ears but this is all subjective (also I dunno if you're even talking about that song lol)

hell no, 6852 is an absolutely non-goofy masterpiece. thinking about it, it might actually be one of my all time fave ae tracks. needs to be put out on vinyl.

i was referring to spl47, cuz that one is kinda goofy, right?

Wow im again totally shockt about the way you ppl hear ae! Is japanese red really blue?

Listen to splesh and tell me it's not goofy U MAD CUNT

or fLh

listen to me YOU PIECE OF SHIT

say goofy once again for an ae track and ill cut you in half

Rpeg

pce freeze 2.81 

runrepik

bqbqbq

Tilapia is kinda goofy sounding too, like a slapstick dispute between two cartoon characters

The first track of Move Of Ten sounds like a sword fight between octopuses

haha, brilliant. I'd been enjoying the weird nautical themes that opens loads of their albums for years. I couldny describe it right  til i tripped til i tripped across it mentioned in the AAA thread...

wabby, on 02 Nov 2013 - 8:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Have you guys noticed how the first tracks on several of your albums (probably all) sound like boats, ships, seas, water, pirates, wooden decks, sailing and  basically evoking an overall nautical theme of adventure on the high seas? A classic example of this being Xylin Room?

Archived