Sign in to follow this  
darreichungsform

goofy and carnivalesque autechre tracks

Tuinorizn is kind of goofy. Maybe that’s not the right word though. I love it to bits

a+ thread

I'LL FIGHT YOU

I'LL WRESTLE U DOWN

guyz stop it! you're upsetting sean

G0nK tUf Hi

^Awesome picks right here. These are my fave kinds of Ae tracks. For similar stuff I recommend Locust Toybox:

I always thought IO, particularly that melody during the first half, sounds like a circus carnival organ melody line. My wife disagrees and thinks it sounds like a 90's video game boss/villain theme... which is obviously high praise.

The organ-ish motif in Blyz Castl also has sort of a 'carnival organ melody and/or 90s video game boss theme' vibe imo.

Edited by tneuvm

nodezsh kind of has a dark carnival feel to it, like being presented with some kind of theatre macabre ghost house deal, led by a mad magician luring you in and every um-thwack-um-thwack means you've hit another dead end in its maze of madness

Medrey is two drunk robots having a belching contest, while sat in a Shanghai Hyper-Hub awaiting off-world transport. The year is 2301.

Medrey is two drunk robots having a belching contest, while sat in a Shanghai Hyper-Hub awaiting off-world transport. The year is 2301.

You fucker!

Now I'm always going to think of this whenever I hear it...

=X

=P

Thanks for the smiles, I needed them today.

:beer:  :beer:

i cant think of any

jatevee C!!!!

that one rather recent non-album track (remix? compilation track?) with the cockoo clock sound, can't remember the name right now... that was pretty goofy imho

https://youtu.be/V2oAzYwo8U8

how have I never heard this??? wtf!

Medrey is the reason for RIchard calling a track Chink 101.

He saw that title and was like "welp, you cunts are clearly winning when it comes to quality and consistency of music, but you won't win the racist track title wars you fuckers"

that one rather recent non-album track (remix? compilation track?) with the cockoo clock sound, can't remember the name right now... that was pretty goofy imho

6852? Don't remember a clock sound in it but it's a bit cheeky. Just comes across to me as cheerful and fun and happy with an undercurrent of slight darkness beneath/behind maybe? Not 'goofy' to my ears but this is all subjective (also I dunno if you're even talking about that song lol)

how have I never heard this??? wtf!

You've never heard Medry?? It's a great track! I remember getting it YEARS ago, I think like one of the first b-side sorta things I downloaded online (maybe actually Napster? who knows). The mp3 was shitty quality like they mostly were back then, I remember the high frequencies and hi-hat like bits having that shitty washy sound. 

You know what track ironically isn't that carnivalesque? Carni.  :cisfor: 

Medrey is the reason for RIchard calling a track Chink 101.

He saw that title and was like "welp, you cunts are clearly winning when it comes to quality and consistency of music, but you won't win the racist track title wars you fuckers"

How is Medry racist? I had no clue

Nope never heard it!

Maybe because Melody in a stereotypical Japanaese accent?

the biggest ae carnival is this subforum. gonk shrug

Nope never heard it!

*hugs importchre*

chre01i6s78.jpg

chre02w1sk0.jpg

chre037psmu.jpg

Jealous

what about the recent JNSN code GL16? is that goofy or just very regal/grandiose?

Wow im again totally shockt about the way you ppl hear ae! Is japanese red really blue?

Wow im again totally shockt about the way you ppl hear ae! Is japanese red really blue?

Listen to splesh and tell me it's not goofy U MAD CUNT

or fLh