IGNORED

080-A-L2

dingformung

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So immersive. Almost feels like 3D audio or something.

@pre-compiled/rendered. I've been thinking about this over the past few days, as i've been doing/using some stuff that's pushing my CPU pretty hard. I try to avoid rendering as much/long as possible, but i may need to start.

So of course for Der Lurch I didn't skip, but for babeknois, the honest truth is at around the 5/6 minute mark i skipped forward a couple of minute chunks, but it was really because of a time limitation on my end, so don't take it too seriously. On second listen it doesn't feel too long for me; there's enough variation in the rhythm and sonic density to keep me interested, but ymmv.

I will say that for nullneun in particular, I like the different sections/scenes/ that you have.

I think it's a common dilemma. I just posted a 24 minute track, and I have serious doubts about whether it's digestible. I've had friends tell me they like my music because they can tune it out and work on their homework more effectively lol.

Different tracks work at different levels. I mean, autechre is my favorite electronic act, but i'm not sure if I've ever made it through a track like Perlence Subrange 6-36 (58:35) in one sitting, listening actively. It's probably intended to be, optionally, a lower level listening experience, something to have on in the background for a while as you engage and disengage with it. On the other hand, I think what makes a 20+ minute track like tt1pd not feel long is how dynamic it is. I digress.

yeah I think you put it in a nutshell quite well. finding the right nuances for every individual track is something that requires a certain kind of finesse. wish i had more of that. but I'm hoping to acquire that as time goes on and I grow wiser and wiser and have a long grey beard maybe.

Archived