IGNORED

080-A-L2

dingformung

yeah I think you put it in a nutshell quite well. finding the right nuances for every individual track is something that requires a certain kind of finesse. wish i had more of that. but I'm hoping to acquire that as time goes on and I grow wiser and wiser and have a long grey beard maybe.

Yeah, nuances, subtlety, and finesse. I need more of these as well.

I think that I too will have a long grey beard by the time I'm where i want to be with music and sound. Here's to the journey.  :beer:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I dunno, I pretty much enjoyed every second of it, cause i love this kind of texture. Immersive as always.

I first listened on some ear buds last night, and i was thinking "how can he say this is unlistenable?". 

Listening on my little Tascam VL-S3's, everything is very crisp, but still within my range of an enjoyable mix balance. Possibly where the clarity/fatigue trade off comes in like we talked about. I wonder if that's an area where a professional mastering engineer helps. (?)

I sometimes do like an A/B comparison to my recordings and then professional recordins, like AE, AFX, etc..., and wonder how much it's them getting the mix perfect, or how much the mastering engineer comes into play.

I'm not sure but I think nowadays Autechre don't need to master their tracks. Think of NTS sessions, they released it directly after they played their tracks. They probably have some sort of mastering algorithm.

I'm glad you like this track, just thought for a track of that length it would be more appropriate to have a more subtle less ear pinching mix but fuck it

Fucking sick ! Wowee.

This sounds insane - I like it very much . You must have hours and hours of material at this point ? Not sure how you are belting so much stuff out ?Thb

Thanks! Yeah, I often make use of stuff I've already done for other tracks and didn't use or used in a different way :)

thanks

somehow had a lot of fun making tracks lately, hence the frequent posts. I usually post the same day I finish the track, means I might post some shit tracks too since I don't really know how they sound when I worked on them for a while. Usually need some distance from them to say which tracks are the good ones and which are the less good ones. But I post them anyway, doesn't hurt

https://soundcloud.com/darreichungsform/zatagk-forced-masturbation

• 2 weeks later...

Archived