Sign in to follow this  
darreichungsform

080-A-L2

dunno, need to make more tracks in the style of the last ones to pick from, polish them, put them in an order that makes sense etc.

6 months?

Sick dude, I like the rhythm on the last two. Great work as usual.

thanks man

did u listen to them wholly or did u skip after a while? I'm never sure if it's better to shorten my tracks to a digestible length or of it's better to keep them that long

So of course for Der Lurch I didn't skip, but for babeknois, the honest truth is at around the 5/6 minute mark i skipped forward a couple of minute chunks, but it was really because of a time limitation on my end, so don't take it too seriously. On second listen it doesn't feel too long for me; there's enough variation in the rhythm and sonic density to keep me interested, but ymmv.

I will say that for nullneun in particular, I like the different sections/scenes/ that you have.

I think it's a common dilemma. I just posted a 24 minute track, and I have serious doubts about whether it's digestible. I've had friends tell me they like my music because they can tune it out and work on their homework more effectively lol.

Different tracks work at different levels. I mean, autechre is my favorite electronic act, but i'm not sure if I've ever made it through a track like Perlence Subrange 6-36 (58:35) in one sitting, listening actively. It's probably intended to be, optionally, a lower level listening experience, something to have on in the background for a while as you engage and disengage with it. On the other hand, I think what makes a 20+ minute track like tt1pd not feel long is how dynamic it is. I digress.

yeah I think you put it in a nutshell quite well. finding the right nuances for every individual track is something that requires a certain kind of finesse. wish i had more of that. but I'm hoping to acquire that as time goes on and I grow wiser and wiser and have a long grey beard maybe.

yeah I think you put it in a nutshell quite well. finding the right nuances for every individual track is something that requires a certain kind of finesse. wish i had more of that. but I'm hoping to acquire that as time goes on and I grow wiser and wiser and have a long grey beard maybe.

Yeah, nuances, subtlety, and finesse. I need more of these as well.

I think that I too will have a long grey beard by the time I'm where i want to be with music and sound. Here's to the journey.  :beer:

I'm glad you do! you are around 50% of my WATMM audience  :biggrin:

I'm glad you do! you are around 50% of my WATMM audience :biggrin:

Lol !

Who is your primary audience ?

if I only knew, I got some soundcloud plays but in the end few people care and most people I play my music to in real life hate it. I'm my own best listener, I guess :D

I think you are a big reposter yeah which probably helps . Maybe I can remix your stuff and break it big time with your followers :)

oh yes, I need many more of them followers so more people can hear them tracks i make! do remix me, I'm curious how that will work out also it will elevate the whole thing to the next level, thanks hombre

Lol i was saying I could remix you to expose me to your listeners !

oops, yeah that too lol

^perhaps one of the most unlistenable tracks I've made, but I like it somehow

I dunno, I pretty much enjoyed every second of it, cause i love this kind of texture. Immersive as always.

I first listened on some ear buds last night, and i was thinking "how can he say this is unlistenable?". 

Listening on my little Tascam VL-S3's, everything is very crisp, but still within my range of an enjoyable mix balance. Possibly where the clarity/fatigue trade off comes in like we talked about. I wonder if that's an area where a professional mastering engineer helps. (?)

I sometimes do like an A/B comparison to my recordings and then professional recordins, like AE, AFX, etc..., and wonder how much it's them getting the mix perfect, or how much the mastering engineer comes into play.

I'm not sure but I think nowadays Autechre don't need to master their tracks. Think of NTS sessions, they released it directly after they played their tracks. They probably have some sort of mastering algorithm.

I'm glad you like this track, just thought for a track of that length it would be more appropriate to have a more subtle less ear pinching mix but fuck it

Fucking sick ! Wowee.

This sounds insane - I like it very much . You must have hours and hours of material at this point ? Not sure how you are belting so much stuff out ?

Fucking sick ! Wowee.

This sounds insane - I like it very much . You must have hours and hours of material at this point ? Not sure how you are belting so much stuff out ?Thb

Thanks! Yeah, I often make use of stuff I've already done for other tracks and didn't use or used in a different way :)