IGNORED

Occult Research Summer Bundle - Bewwip, Vytear, Rhythm Composer

Uros

I can confirm that the label is not dead, only merely in hibernation.

Unrelated, but...related - I've got some excellent recordings by Mr. OR himself that should be coming out at my Psøma Psi Phi imprint within the year. Deep beatless stuff, if that's yr taste...

• Like 2

It's a long story, but in short yes, I did, chronical. I can type it all out if you wish, it's a fun read.

I just think that shitty behaviour should be made public, not brushed off.

lol get over it mate, i nearly got something released on OR once too, but in the end it was too shit lol. and it really was...

erik is a top fella in my book.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BCM said:

erik is a top fella in my book.

Top fellas don't leave people hanging, they reply with "not good" or "busy at the moment, will get back to it in a year" or something. This is common decency. The fact that you're OK with being treated like that and thinking that if someone is a record label owner or is "busy" means they can ghost you and it's OK, does not mean that everyone should be OK with it too.

Being treated like shit by record labels is almost an industry standard these days, but I don't think we should just accept it passively. I once had a label guy decline my release but in such a polite and constructive way that I thanked him in the end for the motivation. Be fucking nice to people, that's all I'm saying. Even if you're busy.

Edited by Guest

He had a kid, dude. Calm down.

I'm going to check in with him soon and see where he's at. I talked to him almost a year ago.

• Facepalm 1

zoinks lol

Sometimes you apply for a job and don’t hear back, that’s actually pretty standard. so going on some self-entitled tirade when everyone and their mom is probably sending in demos is way more “shitty behavior” than the initial brush-off IMO

• Like 3

The hell are you talking about? This is some Stockholm syndrome level BS. Yes, he might have a kid, so what? The dude took the time to get into a lengthy exchange with me and discuss his gear, how he's into tape loops, but then when I politely asked if it was possible to get some feedback for the stuff that I'd sent earlier, he went into silent mode and then ghosted me.

The funniest thing is that 10 days after he'd done that he took the time to go to the fucking post office and send me some stickers (label merch) lol. But he didn't take the time to drop a few lines in a messenger ffs.

So fuck off with your Stockholm syndrome. This is some truly shitty behaviour. I just hate when people are being dicks.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

He had a kid, dude. Calm down.

We talked a lot back and forth daily (he had a kid at that time already), it wasn't a "hey listen to my stuff out of the blue" situation. He had plenty of free time to discuss the inns and outs of his Roland TR-727 with me, yet he was too much of a coward to say "I don't like your stuff" when I sent an EP which I wrote specifically for his label because he probably thought that would upset me, and that he'd better vanish into thin air.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, auxien said:

send me your music

i'll tell you what i think of it forthwith

You have already graced me with your opinion on my Soundcloud page a year ago, if I recall correctly. Sadly, however, you eventually deleted your witty evaluation of my musics, so I'm not sure it's worth trying again. 

When I received my summer bundle last year he included dowload codes for 2 other releases not in the bundle as a gift.  Very nice guy and was very responsive when I decided on buying the bundle after I had bought the bewwip 7" by itself. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

You have already graced me with your opinion on my Soundcloud page a year ago, if I recall correctly. Sadly, however, you eventually deleted your witty evaluation of my musics, so I'm not sure it's worth trying again. 

that was the free preview commentary. if you PM me $5 per track i'll give you my REAL detailed analysis of my biased opinion of your music.

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

33 minutes ago, auxien said:

that was the free preview commentary. if you PM me $5 per track i'll give you my REAL detailed analysis of my biased opinion of your music.

I'd love to, but only if there's a 30-day money-back guarantee because you'll chicken out eventually like last time.

PM me if you'd really like to chat or something my dude, i'd love to one day get the exposure from my private messages with you in some snarky YT video with like 250 views.  :emotawesomepm9:

• Haha 2