• Pretending you have synesthesia to impress a girl
  6. 6. 6

• Not being as high on the autism spectrum as you would like
    • IDM
  7. 7. 7

• Listening to headphones without wearing anything
    • A computer graveyard
  8. 8. 8

• Posting in the general banter subforum on a website dedicated to a dead end subgenre.
    • The complete loss of interest in IDM but the lingering appreciation of its dank applications.
  9. 9. 9

• Only listening to music you dislike.
    • Not posting on watmm for 2 years, but coming back to sway the vote in the 2018 most IDM contest.
  10. 10. 10

• Hiding the fact that you automated your own job.
    • Dreaming that you're crying really hard.
  11. 11. 11

• Midlife crises.
    • Using Last.fm as a dating site.
  12. 12. 12

• Doing backflips at the club to have your gun fall out of your back pocket and go off except your gun is a laser and instead of being FBI you are signed to Warp in 1993.
    • brushing your teeth at a merzbow concert
  13. 13. 13

• having circuit boards in your stool
    • Birds (not the thread, actual birds)
  14. 14. 14

• having conversations with your synthesizers
    • Avoiding eye contact
  15. 15. 15

• particle techno
    • 8 hour long albums
  16. 16. 16

• taking some benzos and just computing
    • windows 3.1

Pretty straightforward from the last round to this one. No ties, 59 voters last time, but there were some sad losses... anyway, there's some interesting pairings and some of us will surely cry once this round is done, but we must be strong, together, and push on despite this. Think of the historical significance, perhaps even of the compilation album (maybe?). 

:catcry:

'Doing backflips at the club to have your gun fall out of your back pocket and go off except your gun is a laser and instead of being FBI you are signed to Warp in 1993.' will make an incredible comp, cumoooooon!!!!

There's nothing worse than having to listen to someone’s noise performance when standing right in front of them during their show. Except maybe the constant chatter of the audience. Or the sounds of a crying baby. Or ... well, you get the idea.

Sometimes all you want to do is tune the noise out and listen to your own music, movies and audiobooks without any distractions. We don't blame you! It's a noisy world out there, full of all sorts of unpleasant noises.

Thankfully, that's why there's noise-cancelling headphones. These wonders of the modern era totally tune out unwanted audio - allowing you to reach aural nirvana.

78ocjBPjohcPrYwTVutTKG-650-80.jpg

Somehow, brushing your teeth at a Merzbow concert is currently lagging behind. We can't have that, what is wrong with you people.

unreal turn of events

I'm ok with attending a noise concert wearing noise canceling headphones making it instead tbh

no Uli

truly the enya song of forum topic tags

the feeling

like you just bought 4 giant pizzas from dominos

and you get home & realize

i didn't buy paper towels to degrease these motherfuckers

what do you do

do you turn around & go back to the dep & buy some

knowing that your pizza is rapidly congealing into an oil-saturated mess

do you take the caloric hit

or

do you curse the gods that made the world so cruel

no Uli

truly the enya song of forum topic tagsthe feelinglike you just bought 4 giant pizzas from dominosand you get home & realizei didn't buy paper towels to degrease these motherfuckerswhat do you dodo you turn around & go back to the dep & buy someknowing that your pizza is rapidly congealing into an oil-saturated messdo you take the caloric hitordo you curse the gods that made the world so cruel
dude I love ur posts

what happened to afex and his aventurs?

aw ty

the real *unfunny* answer:

i was in a very particular depressed//detached headspace that winter & all of those comics just kinda felt like they were coming to me from elsewhere. like i remember losing my shit making them bcuz the jokes didn't feel like stuff i was coming up with.

when that feeling went away & it started to feel more like me trying to be funny i decided to stop, because i knew a bunch of ppl were into it & i wanted to close it off while it still felt fresh

that being said there's a lot of times when i'm tempted to doodle off more whenever a weird music pun comes to me, i guess the main thing stopping that is i don't currently have a wacom tablet so that "i can whip this off in 5 minutes" feeling isn't there

also there's been more than one occassion where someone irl has been like "i saw this comic on the internet once where..." and they describe an afex aventurs & i'm like "dude i made that actually" and it's a very heartwarming feeling

aw ty

the real *unfunny* answer:

i was in a very particular depressed//detached headspace that winter & all of those comics just kinda felt like they were coming to me from elsewhere. like i remember losing my shit making them bcuz the jokes didn't feel like stuff i was coming up with.

when that feeling went away & it started to feel more like me trying to be funny i decided to stop, because i knew a bunch of ppl were into it & i wanted to close it off while it still felt fresh

that being said there's a lot of times when i'm tempted to doodle off more whenever a weird music pun comes to me, i guess the main thing stopping that is i don't currently have a wacom tablet so that "i can whip this off in 5 minutes" feeling isn't there

also there's been more than one occassion where someone irl has been like "i saw this comic on the internet once where..." and they describe an afex aventurs & i'm like "dude i made that actually" and it's a very heartwarming feeling

aye man, ur stuff ur feel.. live in truth n do ya thang etc

they're awesome comics :)

Archived