IGNORED

Endlesss.fm - Tim Exile's new music-making platform

cear

I am pretty skeptical really because it sort of sounds like this blue sky "we will unify and standardise everyone's creative process" dream project which is probably doomed to fail like every software idea that has ever tried to create a General Solution For Anything (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Xanadu). Like if you write a program that can do anything, then you probably end up with an all-purpose program which requires a really complex specification to get it to do something concrete, at which point you will have to invent a specification language for your all-purpose program which in effect makes writing the specification pretty much equivalent to programming again, and it becomes easier to make something from scratch to do what you want.

Personally I have noted this pathologic behaviour that once I finish building some gear setup and hooking all the MIDIs and arpeggiators and sequencers up in software, immediately I begin to focus on what the system can not do and try to add the new functions instead of just playing the damn thing. And every time I add more features, actually using the system becomes harder (especially if you don't practice). I imagine with simple hardware this problem doesn't really exist because you can't easily modify the existing gear (aside from ordering new stuff). With this Endlesss project I am curious if they've managed to somehow solve this problem of balancing the need to add more features and making everything usable, or is it more likely that some time down the road they will realise that they just made a system with which you can really easily make Tim Exile type music. :)

Of course I am projecting all my ideas and visions on this project without really knowing what it is. :)

grindr for musicians maybe ?

lol–– jammr is pretty great though, it's an online MIDI synced platform where it outputs everyone's input at the same time. Would be cool for all the basement dwellers on WATMM I bet

edit: grindr works for that too. hey sexy I have a cirklon in my basement ready for your massive black MIDI e-peen

Edited by chronical

edit: grindr works for that too. hey sexy I have a cirklon in my basement ready for your massive black MIDI e-peen

I've got to get in sync with you

Do you wanna sync up with me?

Twenty-four bits a night

Is all I need to do it right

Twenty-four clicks with beats

Is all I need to feel the heat

Synchronize our soul

Baby that’s how we roll

Yes! Poetry for musicians! Maybe an ableton/max4live poetry template? You just say the words and it creates the music in real time. No controllers, no hw... Just flow. No limits, ENDLESSS.

Yes! Poetry for musicians! Maybe an ableton/max4live poetry template? You just say the words and it creates the music in real time. No controllers, no hw... Just flow. No limits, ENDLESSS.

Bonus points if it's got neural networks somewhere in it to have that maximum the future is now disregard the man behind the curtain hype.

That's called microsoft songsmith

Lol might be... Singing Mr.Smith, an Ai powered subpatcher.

Omg! What if itz a collaboration between Exile and Ruslany?! Mind controller for digital air in virtual vst format in endle$$$ floating dick bit resolution!

huh?

Tim Exile is legit, he's been around forever making nuts breakcore/dnb/gabber stuff, it's only in the past 10 years or so that he's been doing the live improv thing

Thanks whoever clicked on my referral link, just 2 more and I'm on board. 

http://www.endlesss.fm/?r=eoAWQ

Probably might as well make some dummy e-mail addresses and be done with it, as I don't really like the pyramid scheme-y "refer 3 more friends and you win" aspect.

Seen some bizarre / savage Tim Exile performances over the years.

A couple of really hard gabba / rave sets for Bangface, plus LittleBig events in London and a festival show at Kings Cross where he played with Mary Anne Hobbes and Digital Mystikz (!)

I get the comparisons with Beardyman but honestly I find him much more entertaining than that.

I remember a while back he did a webcast where you could email him samples and he would use them on the fly - hilarious consequences of course.

Not to forget the Joystick / Cockstick controller thing that he used for live shows.

Also cool stuff like this:-

Actually done some wicked stuff over the years when you start looking into it.  His TED talk from a few years back was cool too.

• Like 1

Thanks whoever clicked on my referral link, just 2 more and I'm on board. 

http://www.endlesss.fm/?r=eoAWQ

Probably might as well make some dummy e-mail addresses and be done with it, as I don't really like the pyramid scheme-y "refer 3 more friends and you win" aspect.

Thanks a lot, I got all three referrals now! Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes. :)

I think what bothers me most about this is the assertion that enjoying making music is more important than listening to good music. He seems to be elevating the growing sense that spending money and time on gear/software/etc is important in and of itself, devoid of the end result. This may be monetarily beneficial for him, of course, as there's tons of that sort of thing happening the last ~10 years on the amateur musician side of things...

There's nothing wrong with enjoying making music, even if the end result isn't anything special, of course. But there seems to be some assignment of praise to that beyond what I (imo) feel it deserves. At least, that's the implication I get from what very little information was given.

• Like 1

I still don’t know what it is. Especially because he is still using a push.

I have my own endless rig. It’s called a template. I open ableton and everything is hooked up and mapped and ready to go.