IGNORED

exp-noise-weirdshit-novelty (the podcast)

hello spiral

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Three hours into this now. Can confirm Whigfield is anything but a UK only thing, but it was pretty early 90s I guess.

I liked how both episodes so far start with a non-story about the Lobster Theremin store and then some generic hipster house, especially the one where you prefaced the track with a remark about someone not on the show being a self-unaware hipster. I also like how theo obviously wasn't even listening to what any of you were saying, plugged his own podcast and then just seemed to disappear into the night.

Half of what you guys play isn't experimental, noise, weird or novelty. It's somewhat obscure house, punk, or whatever. Reminds me of when I first started working full time and finally had real money to spend on music, particularly andihow selecting records where he's obviously forgotten what they even sounded like seemed familiar. I would buy tons of obscure shit, until I realized most of it was just that: shit, and obscure for good reason.

What's so funny about people keeping their private lives private or trying to live healthy?

But thanks a lot for the free entertainment, it is fascinating. Will the 4th end with an explanation for the hiatus? The suspense is killing me. I think I'll have to listen to all of this now.

particularly andihow selecting records where he's obviously forgotten what they even sounded like seemed familiar. I would buy tons of obscure shit, until I realized most of it was just that: shit, and obscure for good reason.

you're saying that a record is shit if you forget what it sounds like? i dont understand the accusation here, that i buy records just because they are expensive / obscure? most of the shit i play wasn't either of those at the time of purchase. anyway thanks for the hours of your life and time you've given to us. next episode is coming out in a few days and is punk rock themed. hope it lives up to your standards. 

Three hours into this now. Can confirm Whigfield is anything but a UK only thing, but it was pretty early 90s I guess.

I liked how both episodes so far start with a non-story about the Lobster Theremin store and then some generic hipster house, especially the one where you prefaced the track with a remark about someone not on the show being a self-unaware hipster. I also like how theo obviously wasn't even listening to what any of you were saying, plugged his own podcast and then just seemed to disappear into the night.

Half of what you guys play isn't experimental, noise, weird or novelty. It's somewhat obscure house, punk, or whatever. Reminds me of when I first started working full time and finally had real money to spend on music, particularly andihow selecting records where he's obviously forgotten what they even sounded like seemed familiar. I would buy tons of obscure shit, until I realized most of it was just that: shit, and obscure for good reason.

What's so funny about people keeping their private lives private or trying to live healthy?

But thanks a lot for the free entertainment, it is fascinating. Will the 4th end with an explanation for the hiatus? The suspense is killing me. I think I'll have to listen to all of this now.

agree, it's mostly masturbation

not that it is a bad thing, not a good thing either, but certainly not bad

The fourth hour was the best so far, the topic of discussion there makes it all the more puzzling what was so infuriating about my post yesterday.

If you want more of the James Ferraro customer experience try buying a tape from these guys. For masochists only. And yes, I also stupidly ordered from them again after waiting about a year to get a tape and a sob story the first time around.

I've not done episode 4 yet, will catch up this week.

Any more on the horizon?

Yah, soon.

The last one was chaos walking and lasted like 3hrs so andi's been editing it for nearly a month lol (tbh I think he lost the will to live and gave up for 2 weeks but I've bullied him back into bitwig)

I've not done episode 4 yet, will catch up this week.

Any more on the horizon?

Yah, soon.

The last one was chaos walking and lasted like 3hrs so andi's been editing it for nearly a month lol (tbh I think he lost the will to live and gave up for 2 weeks but I've bullied him back into bitwig)

this is correct. but its comin soon

• 1 month later...

acquiring the taste podcast #7 up featuring theo, your host, and guests Salvatorin and exp-weirdshit crew Spiral & Andi. Enjoy the aound of Spiral shouting into the mic and talking about Sainsbury's.

http://www.acquiringthetaste.com/podcast/

Enjoying this, especially the talk about the few who are music obsessive and archivistic. 

Also, the Explorers was my favorite movie as a kid. Well, tied with Tron. I like how it was a kids movie but still had profanity and weirdness.

"Molly  percocet"..."That songs actually pretty sick dude"

___

Came here for the exp noise podcast, but the first few brzzap.ddns.net links are dead to me

Archived