IGNORED

exp-noise-weirdshit-novelty (the podcast)

hello spiral

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aww yiss.. still catching up, only listened to the first 3 eps so far. v enjoyable tho. i have podcasts going pretty much all day while i'm at work and this rambling style is great for that. thx dudes!

acquiring the taste podcast #7 up featuring theo, your host, and guests Salvatorin and exp-weirdshit crew Spiral & Andi. Enjoy the aound of Spiral shouting into the mic and talking about Sainsbury's.

http://www.acquiringthetaste.com/podcast/

i'm listening to this now and it's good and you mentioned FROG DREAMING aka The Quest. that film rulz, freaked me out as a kid... ooh and now The Quiet Earth has been mentioned. excellent tastes!

edit: if anyone likes Quiet Earth they might like The Last Wave too

https://youtu.be/KwAlxpRxsv0

that makes me think, when i was a kid i watched a movie where there were some kind of aussie or south african woman who was in a small house in the bush and i think her husband was away for months and she befriends an aboriginal man and he eventually tries to communicate that he loves her and she tries to explain she has a husband and then he hangs himself in a tree. i always try and remember what that movie was and I can't

that makes me think, when i was a kid i watched a movie where there were some kind of aussie or south african woman who was in a small house in the bush and i think her husband was away for months and she befriends an aboriginal man and he eventually tries to communicate that he loves her and she tries to explain she has a husband and then he hangs himself in a tree. i always try and remember what that movie was and I can't

was it Walkabout? the details are different but it has small house in the bush, unrequited courtship and hanging

yep that was it. was very devastating to watch as a kid, but not traumatizing or anything. just sad.

edit: forgot that the husband shoots himself in the head tho lol

thank goodness for my parents who watched whatever movies they wanted and didn't give a shit about sheltering me from it

hah yeah that film is super intense. i only saw it for the first time a couple years ago. i have, for some reason, hung out with the aboriginal actor guy from it tho (lived in same town, friend of a friend)... that was really weird...

• 1 month later...

ep7-afterwhoop-touchup-final.png

We play the tunes of various watmmers. Spiral thinks he hears the beatles. Triachus taps dances for us.

1. DJ Dream Dad - DadCruiseV2 (unreleased)

2. Sheathe (Shea) - Royal Gorge (unreleased)

3. Silver Trifolium - Hi Hey Hi Rainforest (unreleased)

4. Rhyme Trails - Perigee IV Link

5. Tellem Hawk - Rude Boy Lounge  Link

6. Grottenholm - Nautilux Link

7. Stochastic - Blistering Thumbs and a Broken Heart Link

8. Kristopher Bernard - Girls Come and Go Link

9. Flex Unger - Bitches Lament Link (Little Music for Little People)

10. DJ Saint Hubert - The Secrets of Dragon Basketball Link

11. AHHH - Yamagotchi Long Voices 

12. Underscore - I Wish This Window Was Open Link

13. Hello Foil - Spiralling Piano Drills Ruin My Flow I Link

14. Lex Looper - Tie Your Shoelaces Link

15. Trashbear Twin - Aganjapolis Link

16. DorkingtonPugsly - Chatmm Is My Sphincter Link

17. Maitake - Unreleased Track

18. Mozzarella Stick - I'm Not Sing My Song To Share It Link

19. Hello Spiral - Anorexic Jellyfish (Theo Watkins Remix) (unreleased)

http://expnoise.com/?name=ep7-afterwhoop-touchup-final.mp3

http://expnoise.com

another good listen!

thanks spiral and andi and ahhh. and triachus. :D

it was really cool, as a watmm newbie, to hear older tracks from ppl who maybe aren't around much any more etc.. get a bit of some watmm history flavour that i had no idea about... i particularly liked that silver trifolium track. whyyyy not released!

In WATMM part 2, will there be sup?

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1688651296 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=1483493555]

I'm going to take a wild guess that a Kettenkarussell is one of those chain swing carousel things and is pronounced accordingly.

Thanks to whoever complained about the chewing for being the catalyst for the most entertaining part of the episode. :catsalute:

• 2 months later...

Archived