IGNORED

Rolando Simmons - qrth-phyl (Soundtrack)

Extralife

This will console me as I've just returned from the azure waters, white sand beaches and historic fortresses of Colombia with my lovely girlfriend to... work. Fuck you, post-vacation blues. Rolando Simmons always puts me in a good mood.

: )

i know what you mean, this is kind of a stand-out. sometimes these one-off theme albums stand out, like chaos AD or universal indicator red/green

if someone wanted to sell me a CD of this that would be cool...

I can't be the only one who immediately thought the album title was a Bandcamp download code.

It's Cornish, right?

Can't find a translation for it.

Makes me want to check out the game. Also, it's cool that someone else's sounds were a part of the palatte used in making the music, there's a slightly unRolando quality to it that's hard to describe but interesting to listen to. Heard it 3 times now and a few tracks are starting to grow on me.

giphy.gif

there's a slightly unRolando quality to it that's hard to describe but interesting to listen to.

I think that’s in part due to self-imposed limitations. I had a set range of sounds and stuck to them, which conjured up some melodies I wouldn’t have made with the usual gear. I’m working on a bunch of tracks now down in our holiday home and I’m stuck with the easy-to-grab pocket kit (303, volcas etc). Definitely sounds different!

there's a slightly unRolando quality to it that's hard to describe but interesting to listen to.

I think that’s in part due to self-imposed limitations. I had a set range of sounds and stuck to them, which conjured up some melodies I wouldn’t have made with the usual gear. I’m working on a bunch of tracks now down in our holiday home and I’m stuck with the easy-to-grab pocket kit (303, volcas etc). Definitely sounds different!

Nice. Seems like a cool way to force you out of your comfort zone. Limitations, aside from being a pain in the ass sometimes, often yield resourcefulness and creativity. Liking this new release and super excited for what else is to come. Oh, and World Building is still in rotation and has been for a while now. 

• 9 months later...

Archived