IGNORED

Melve midi

ceiling

Thanks!!! much appreciated 

such a great song

I tried to do it with melodyne but it just wasn't translating very well. Perhaps abletons audio to midi is superior, which would be odd. 

Ah, will put some of their stuff into my Studio One/Melodyne. Melve quite often is my ringtone or alarm clock track btw.

It's really hard to figure this out, because the note values are bloody wrong (reason is false tempo recognition) and the midi transcribes the reverb with written out sustained notes, and everything in written in octaves in just one stuff, so i won't finish any time soon. But here the beginning...

post-22168-0-81328500-1532848345_thumb.jpg

Widi_Std is a useful program. Not free, but it does a better job than most of detecting voice, synth, and other sound sound sources with potentially tenuous harmonics (in my somewhat limited experience). I've not tried the Ableton option, though.

The fourth option down is the one I use:

https://www.widisoft.com/english/order.html

You need to let it know what the BPM (of the original piece) is before exporting, or it won't align to a grid. I tap along on a Kaoss Pad to figure it out :)

Anyone willing to do this with Vose In?

I can at least say that the first repeating chord sequence is pretty simple. 

first chord: minor third ( A3 C4 )

second chord: perfect fifth (F#3 C#4 )

third: octave (C2 C3)

fourth: major sixth (G3 E4)

then eventually it does some other stuff

BPM all over the place.

Sorry I didn't post it earlier, it's quite precise but wanted to improve it a bit.

MIDI file soon, it's worth making an effort to transcribe it though. Just set time signature to 2/4 or 4/4 (i used 4/4), don't bother with 3/4 etc. Stretch the tempo map to match the speed of the music (that alone takes quite a bit of time) and don't worry if a melodic resolution doesn't fall on the '1'.

I'm wondering whether the melody has anything to do with the logistic equation, seeing as there's some resemblance to a bifurcation diagram.

post-14347-0-38851500-1533568382_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

of all the awesome ae clipper-crawlin' gelk-canin' 12" side-sprawlers you could choose, why would you want a MIDI track of Melve???

wouldn't it be nice to see what IPACIAL SECTION would look like in a midi???

why???

wouldn't you prefer to see Pigeon Street in a midi??

i am going to stand in the middle of cash converters and perform known(1) from 2010 on all their gear, mixers, bleepy little plastic keyboards and flutes held around my shoulders with shoelaces and flint because that makes more sense than using the MIDI protocol to notate a piece of music. i will literally urinate a semi-bereve.

Arch Carrier maybe??? just the first bit tabbed for bass???

Archived