IGNORED

Ross From Friends - Family Portrait

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mixed some of this into a set without knowing to expect and I found it to be pretty interesting actually. Definitely not something one can easily categorize. At parts it seems more like some kind of psychedelic ambient excursion. It has some cinematic clarkish moments. The textures throughout the album are constantly varying and it is actually quite compelling.

The textures throughout the album are constantly varying and it is actually quite compelling.

Hear what you're saying after giving the previews a good listen. The Knife is really doing it for me.

Anyone know if you can stream on bandcamp if you buy physical?

The culmination of almost two years of intense studio time, working 20 hour days, and often spending months perfecting just one aspect of a track.

it's fine

baahahaha

The band name/release alone makes me not want to listen to it

that's no longer an issue with me, post-Com Truise

Could there BE any more tape hiss?

Tape hiss vsts mean better n more coolish. D8dnt u know this brough.

God forbid anybody goes for a certain aesthetic with their music.

one thing that bugs me about ross is he rejects any association to lofi house in interviews, but back when i was in the facebook group in 2015, he would make mixes by asking for track submissions from members. lots of 20yo budding producers sending him stuff. people in that group loved him and were a rabid fanbase. i'm sure he never would have gotten where he is without the support of the lofi movement from 2015-2016. i can understand why he wants to distance himself, because most of the sound has completely crystallized, but i know it hurts a lot of people to see him completely reject his roots.

it's a good album though, and he is definitely a hardworker. also respect him for focussing on playing live and not just DJing.

one thing that bugs me about ross is he rejects any association to lofi house in interviews, but back when i was in the facebook group in 2015, he would make mixes by asking for track submissions from members. lots of 20yo budding producers sending him stuff. people in that group loved him and were a rabid fanbase. i'm sure he never would have gotten where he is without the support of the lofi movement from 2015-2016. i can understand why he wants to distance himself, because most of the sound has completely crystallized, but i know it hurts a lot of people to see him completely reject his roots.

it's a good album though, and he is definitely a hardworker. also respect him for focussing on playing live and not just DJing.

that's a bummer, reminds me of a lot of retroactive downplaying and genre/scene historical revisionism I've seen to varying degress with other artists who broke out of microgenres like vaporwave, witch house, chillwave, etc.

what genre is this considered? I listened to it just now and can barely remember anything about it. 

ironic blazé too cool for you house

Archived