IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

Comeon warp just tell us. 

tenor.gif

^ me IRL right now in my office. 

WARP PLS

It's the 23rd repressing of SAW, and another 1972 Records repress of SAW II (made from the CD versions)

:catsuicide:  :catcry:  :catbleed:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tenor.gif

The bad taxidermy thread is over there -->

There goes the 'location specific' announcement theory. Hopefully it's an LP. Promoters wouldn't invest $60k or whatever that london ad cost to promote a show of any sort, this is definitely some sort of new material. 

Agreed it seems to be LP related, but tied in with gigs.

That's kind of what I'm thinking now that there are multiple locations.

Syro was promoted worldwide too...

There goes the 'location specific' announcement theory. Hopefully it's an LP. Promoters wouldn't invest $60k or whatever that london ad cost to promote a show of any sort, this is definitely some sort of new material. 

60K for tube advertising spots? Could they really be that expensive?

I wonder what the theme of this... release is?

Music for cash... it's a common theme really.

Apparently it costs about £63,000 for an advertisement space that large on the underground.

For that kind of cost for an advertising campaign I would guess there’s a full length album coming.

Very excited.

Not sure where this number is from but this is where I saw it. 

Apparently it costs about £63,000 for an advertisement space that large on the underground.

For that kind of cost for an advertising campaign I would guess there’s a full length album coming.

Very excited.

Not sure where this number is from but this is where I saw it. 

Crikey!

If they're putting that kind of cash behind this... it may be something big, epic!

it's gonna be epic guys

edit:

Have to say usually I'm bored to death when I hear a new album by most artists I like is being released. Yawning with lethargic tiredness and drooling into a ever increasing pool of tedium. Not Richard, he seems to nail these PR stunts absolutely spot on.

Great job Mister Aphex Twin.

yeah, def. I have actually really lost interest in rich's output post-syro, but the prospect of him releasing bonkers wicked stuff always gets me fanboy feels up

Have to say usually I'm bored to death when I hear a new album by most artists I like is being released. Yawning with lethargic tiredness and drooling into a ever increasing pool of tedium.

Local forum user finds online thesaurus, more news at 11

Have to say usually I'm bored to death when I hear a new album by most artists I like is being released. Yawning with lethargic tiredness and drooling into a ever increasing pool of tedium.

Local forum user finds online thesaurus, more news at 11

only lethargic ; )

2 X 12 sheet tube posters will not cost 60k+ That's TV ad campaign money.

naw 60k wouldn't surprise me.  in big cities at a central station, that'll get many many thousands of eyes per hour

Maybe the two facing posters means double album? (Just thinking out loud)

The two signify a double album

and the third represents the volume of release

c19ad5a.jpg

This is fun(: wonder where one will pop up tomorow, I hope it,s gonna be extremely BIG!

Imagine Timesquare ... NYSE billboard... All LED version ?

Regardless, someone needs to Photoshop this!!

This is fun(: wonder where one will pop up tomorow, I hope it,s gonna be extremely BIG!

*photoshops the ad onto the moon*

*photoshops the afx logo onto all the planets in our solar system*

Archived