IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

Can we go back to talking about how well educated and handsome he is? I bet he smells nice too

what hand does he write with though?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Amoeba music is a record store? Is there a conection like with the tube station?

The Amoeba in Berkeley is my local shop, but I fuck with Redeye.

You can sometimes find some great/cheap albums in the used CD section at the Haight/Ashbury location. I found Autechre's Anti EP for like five bucks once.

I actually bought the Cheetah EP there.

...all right, now who of you did this? :watmm:

Channel is called Rave Colonel lool that was Richards old ebay nickname AFAIR

fake and gay

That's what he wants you to think

More info here, good old 2007 specualtion about tuss if it was really him

channel name really put everything off tbh

that sounds dope. I'm pumped and not AT ALL going to temper by pumped ness. speculation: yas! dope fakes: yas! photoshopped weirdness: yas! this is why we play game.

maybe this new one will have badger album cover>?!?

I sincerely hope the new Aphex sounds

nothing like the stuff in this Youtube clip. This might ruffle some feathers but one of the things I dislike about a lot of later era Aphex Twin, Analord etc..is the strong focus on making stuff funky. Where as RDJ's earlier material was so much deeper, more emotive, massive, other worldly....somewhere along the line he became fixated on funk, which is an element of music I can't stand for the most part.

I'm hoping at some point he returns to his earlier, more serious vision of things. He used to make music that was intense, that cut through the bullshit. Now it's - look how slick and funky I can be. Just my two cents but I hope the new one is some serious business. Fight me.

I actually agree with that (especially the funk thingy). Me no fight you.

Truth be told, our Richard was never the same after 9/11 ~~~[] [] -<-

This shit is so dope.

Let’s avoid the typical patterns when an album drop is imminent. Let’s not talk about all the things we hope it will be. Or all the things we hope it won’t be. The more we do that, the more we work ourselves up into a flurry of expectations.

Let’s avoid judgement. Be in the moment. And take the album as it’s delivered to us with open ears and open minds.

This is Richard D. fucking James. The fucking King. He has earned an honest and open listen from us. I don’t want to spend so much time in my head about music that i haven’t heard yet, that i cloud my ability to truly hear it when it finally arrives.

vom

I sincerely hope the new Aphex sounds nothing like the stuff in this Youtube clip.  This might ruffle some feathers but one of the things I dislike about a lot of later era Aphex Twin, Analord etc..is the strong focus on making stuff funky.  Where as RDJ's earlier material was so much deeper, more emotive, massive, other worldly....somewhere along the line he became fixated on funk, which is an element of music I can't stand for the most part.  

I'm hoping at some point he returns to his earlier, more serious vision of things.  He used to make music that was intense, that cut through the bullshit.  Now it's - look how slick and funky I can be.  Just my two cents but I hope the new one is some serious business.  Fight me.

ctaC8tp.png

While I believe that video is just a good fake, I have to admit, I'd be pretty disappointed if that were on a major Aphex Twin LP release. I love me some acid, but it's becoming old and tiresome across the board. The heavy acid would be best left for Analord/AFX releases. Then again, maybe it'd be great in the context of the full album.

I'm going to echo the sentiment that seems to be pretty prevalent in here so far that I really hope whatever this is does not sound like that mystery clip. He's done this style to death. I love the funky acid just as much as anybody but my god we have Analord, Tuss, ODS, Syro, and some of the older stuff peppered throughout his catalogue. I think I remember reading a Syro interview where he said something along the lines of Syro kind of being him capping off his explorations into that particular style and that he was moving on to other things. I'm sure I'll dig it no matter what he puts out, but I will be disappointed if we don't get some next level bangers. What I personally want is him to ditch all the gear and just shred sound on a laptop again.

Yeh, I’m hoping he’ll keep his word about that. New stuff!! Wouldn’t mind if it’s reminiscent of his older stuff, but something fresh would be good! He has shown it in the past, album after album, that he can do this. So now it’s natural that we expect the same and want more. We don’t even care if we’re being unfair though... Maybe we are.

The campaign started a few weeks ago in his native country... didn't ye know :)

post-17854-0-25569000-1533285453_thumb.png

:)

:aphexsign:

Archived