IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to topic at hand.  Why hasn't another logo surfaced today?  Tomorrow maybe?  The suspense of all this is killing me.

you've got good one tho, really fresh 

Thanks!  Swiped a screengrab from the NTS broadcast and rebuilt it in illustrator.

Back to topic at hand.  Why hasn't another logo surfaced today?  Tomorrow maybe?  The suspense of all this is killing me.

Something about "Watch the streets in France in the coming days" according to RA.

Something about "Watch the streets in France in the coming days" according to RA.

... and according to this tweet by a Paris-based account calling itself 'a collective of journalists and videographers focused on current music, alternative cultures, the media and the liberated party'

Which just as easily implies 'Keep 'em peeled round Paris, lads" rather than solid insider knowledge on where the next 'le 'phex twin' graphic is popping up.

It looks like a pair of ears. It would great if you stood in the middle and the album was played on a loop.

Actually it's an interesting observation.

Has anyone every thought that the logo actually resembles the center of someones ear?

Especially that the little bump on the left leg of the "A" part looks like the "Tragus" of a human ear.

43740621872_3479ca234b_b.jpg

It looks like a pair of ears. It would great if you stood in the middle and the album was played on a loop.

Has anyone every thought that the logo actually resembles the center of someones ear?

Especially that the little bump on the left leg of the "A" part looks like the "Tragus" of a human ear.43740621872_3479ca234b_b.jpg

this is not the what if i told you thread

Especially that the little bump on the left leg of the "A" part looks like the "Tragus" of a human ear.43740621872_3479ca234b_b.jpg

this is not the what if i told you thread

Paul Nicholson (the creator of the Aphex Twin logo) has said on repeated occasions it's just a stylized "AT" standing for you guessed it - Aphex Twin.

What if its just those 2 adverts and that's all. Done.

Perhaps... like the blimp was - then the marketing campaign started in earnest with the "Syro'd" images.

Paul Nicholson (the creator of the Aphex Twin logo) has said on repeated occasions it's just a stylized "AT" standing for you guessed it - Aphex Twin.

I know, papa. I was just trying to state a secondary observation. 

*puts flame helmet on a little too late*

dave: apart from the cirklon, the track titles hint at retro/vintage gear, but what new/current equipment have u been playing with & why?

rich: tons of eurocrack and new custom adt mixer..ummm eventide h8000 is newest thing i got, intense machine...
and of course the logos snr2 ! which is fullybonkers
some old stuff with new mods :)

dave: we've chatted b4 fair bit bout nutty fx/dsp units & eventide in particular, so much so u convinced me to go an get some eventide klob an i luv em! + it gave me a new take on approaching my music work. u mentioned to me b4 tht the h3000 has a special something u like, can u say summink bout tht? its prob early days, but how much of sound difference do u notice between the new eventide h8000 and the older ones (h3000 dse / dsp 4000) and wot can u say bout tht / & eventide klob generally?

rich: its a bit early for me to say but ask me again in a few months as im on all those hard at the mo
4000 i know well and made quite few of my own algos on it.
3000 has something amazing though that few things can touch, i mean just the digital filters on it are insane, engineers must have been on fire when they made that thing.
not enough midi controllable parameters on it though

Archived