IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

...all right, now who of you did this? :watmm:

Here come the fakes.

Not gonna lie though this one actually sounds really nice and has some good fiction in the description to go along with it as well as the username Rave Colonel (a name Richard referred to himself as on only like one occasion). Whoever made it did their homework.

What if it's actually him?

if it were that would actually be a cool way of unofficially breaking the first single. Some dirty heathen digging through dumpsters scrounging around for new aphex material and actually hitting pay dirt.

mulholland%2Bmonster.png

No, I mean the guy in the video. Could be him just playing a testpress of the album just to fuck with us.

Gonna sound stalkerish to a degree with this comment, and probably am to a certain extent, but unless he was very self-conscious while typing up the description it isn't him. Richard is pretty shit when it comes to grammar and punctuation. Could be a friend that uploaded it though if it were actually real.

o015om.png

You do realize that's just for laziness sake, right? The Noyze interview was a bunch of emails with pretty much text speak as the norm, I'm very sure he is educated and can write properly if he wanted to. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reminds me of this video (not suggesting theyre related)

i always assumed it was fake with the clickbaity title, but according to one of the comments:

"Yes, as Josh Miller said, this was confirmed by Rich. I asked him about this video (via SoundCloud) and he responded : "yeah i filmed that in the bank, i sold those speakers and ex42 to Gordon Reid!" :)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLX16V8Po4g

Here come the fakes.

Not gonna lie though this one actually sounds really nice and has some good fiction in the description to go along with it as well as the username Rave Colonel (a name Richard referred to himself as on only like one occasion). Whoever made it did their homework.

if it were that would actually be a cool way of unofficially breaking the first single. Some dirty heathen digging through dumpsters scrounging around for new aphex material and actually hitting pay dirt.

mulholland%2Bmonster.png

No, I mean the guy in the video. Could be him just playing a testpress of the album just to fuck with us.

Gonna sound stalkerish to a degree with this comment, and probably am to a certain extent, but unless he was very self-conscious while typing up the description it isn't him. Richard is pretty shit when it comes to grammar and punctuation. Could be a friend that uploaded it though if it were actually real.

o015om.png

You do realize that's just for laziness sake, right? The Noyze interview was a bunch of emails with pretty much text speak as the norm, I'm very sure he is educated and can write properly if he wanted to. 

I'm not saying he's dumb or uneducated, which is why I said if he were being self-conscious he most likely could write up a description like that. Even if he couldn't I don't care. He always seems to type in a similar fashion though in interviews and responding to fans on sc and in the store. I doubt he would take a youtube description very seriously. Then again if he were really trying to play a prank he could do that.

I would love to hear Syro mastered by Beau Thomas. His mastering of "MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96" sounds much better to my ears than Mandy Parnell's (she did the Japan bonus track; he did the 2015 single).

Here come the fakes.

mulholland%2Bmonster.png

o015om.png

I'm not saying he's dumb or uneducated, which is why I said if he were being self-conscious he most likely could write up a description like that. Even if he couldn't I don't care. He always seems to type in a similar fashion though in interviews and responding to fans on sc and in the store. I doubt he would take a youtube description very seriously. Then again if he were really trying to play a prank he could do that.

That description reads as a prank to me at least. Plus, I know I'm reaching here but I'd say that cough in the video sounds kinda likes his voice.

I mean the track sounds very much like him, I don't know if I'm convinced anyone would replicate his sound to such an extent and get it pressed on vinyl and then record it and post it around the same time the usual cryptic promo starts. If I'm the wrong then that's one of you motherfuckers in the video. There's no way somebody that cares so much about Aphex wouldn't be on this forum, so start confessing or you'll go to intelligent hell.

I would love to hear Syro mastered by Beau Thomas. His mastering of "MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96" sounds much better to my ears than Mandy Parnell's (she did the Japan bonus track; he did the 2015 single).

https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Syro/release/6095128

Yeah, sorry, I mean digitally. I know he did the vinyl. It sounds perfect.

Channel is called Rave Colonel lool that was Richards old ebay nickname AFAIR

fake and gay

That's what he wants you to think

Not qualified enough to say if it's real or not but I really like this. Wouldn't mind to hear more. imho there has been much shittier fakes around which have made people go ape shit. This one is kinda minipopsy though.

Internet has ruined me: stop this hype and dump it straight to bleepstore. ffs there will be also that always nice waiting time after the actual announcement (whenever that will eventually happen) and I want this now! pls

Guest Chesney

can people edit the reply with quote when they post? seeing the same stream of text and links makes for shit browsing. thankyou please.

Channel is called Rave Colonel lool that was Richards old ebay nickname AFAIR

fake and gay

That's what he wants you to think

More info here, good old 2007 specualtion about tuss if it was really him

channel name really put everything off tbh

Guest Chesney

can people edit the reply with quote when they post? seeing the same stream of text and links makes for shit browsing. thankyou please.

Can anyone make out what exactly is written on the record? Looks like the lower word could be "Wisp" written hastily, but it looks a little like "Warp" or Wrp" to me too.

I like it sometimes when these conversations stray when there is no new news. The first time i listened to Death Grips was from a post on a thread leading up to Syro. Now i'm obsessed.

Archived