IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know these marketing campaigns can seem a little tiresome for those of us who obsess over artists like RDJ and BOC, but remember that most people are not obsessed with them the way we are. So if a relatively obscure artists only releases an album every so many years (I mean, c’mon BOC!), there’s a good chance nobody will notice and it won’t sell.

So they have to do this stuff to try and create interest. Personally, i hope these Warp artists that I’ve been following for years reach as many people as possible and I hope they make some money too. That’s good for the music. So I’ma let them do their thing.

I know these marketing campaigns can seem a little tiresome for those of us who obsess over artists like RDJ and BOC, but remember that most people are not obsessed with them the way we are. So if a relatively obscure artists only releases an album every so many years (I mean, c’mon BOC!), there’s a good chance nobody will notice and it won’t sell.

So they have to do this stuff to try and create interest. Personally, i hope these Warp artists that I’ve been following for years reach as many people as possible and I hope they make some money too. That’s good for the music. So I’ma let them do their thing.

:)

lots of positivity from ol alzado

❤️

True story. I’m older and more wise. But I’m just as gay as I always was.

Edit: edit for the gay

What if I told you

saw1bd67.png

:psyduck:

yes, yes, I know SAWII tracknames were 'fan made', so save your cusses for next time

Can’t wait to see the afx logo plastered on a rhubarb

❤️

True story. I’m older and more wise. But I’m just as gay as I always was.

Edit: edit for the gay

that's awesome, watmm is def too low on the gay levels nowadays

cmon warp I'm oiled up and ready for some tunage

just cos we know marketing is marketing doesn't make it less fun if done well .. and in fairness, Warp seem to mostly get the tone right. In the end i reckon they sincerely love the music and, while also raking in the $$$'s, their sincerity bleeds through and it shows with great art, videos, fun ideas, use of media blah blah blah the artist seems to get a lot of input too and im sure signs off on things

Meanwhile we get RDJ himself doing his own thing for the fans with store chatrooms and the odd nugget here and there. s'all good innit

What if I told you

saw1bd67.png

:psyduck:

yes, yes, I know SAWII tracknames were 'fan made', so save your cusses for next time

Can’t wait to see the afx logo plastered on a rhubarb

where YOU been bro..

post-659-0-80921600-1533300991_thumb.jpg

Warp is down again, 403 message. I wonder if today is the day they some light is shed on this.

They're not fucking Apple when they take the store down ahead of new product being loaded up for preorder - some WARPLord (or WARP's hosting) hasn't got their shit together.

I thought they'd shifted over to Amazon's cloud server hosting after the release of one of the Autechre albums brought the site down to it's knees. Maybe that's just the blerp download backend ?

Archived