IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The style of the ads is almost suggestive of a throwback release, wouldn't much surprise me if it was SAW1 pt2 basically. Probably not, but the sorta 90's look of the logo done up as it is, plus it being like 'part of the surroundings' basically.... it makes me wonder.

worryingly plausible...

good call on the 'part of the surroundings' observation. hrrrmmmmmm. 

Spotted in Manhattan.

Whoah is this real? Can anyone else confirm? I’m sitting at LaGuardia right now wishing I had seen this while i was in Manhattan just a couple hours ago.

The thing I love about these ads is how they are each created to meld into the surface on which they are located (subway tiles, metal grate, ivy covered wall, brick wall...). They’re not just slapping up generic ads. Each location was carefully selected and each ad then created to fit. This has been in the works a long time.

The thing I love about these ads is how they are each created to meld into the surface on which they are located (subway tiles, metal grate, ivy covered wall, brick wall...). They’re not just slapping up generic ads. Each location was carefully selected and each ad then created to fit. This has been in the works a long time.

It's a very very striking and evocative ad campaign, Warp did good.

Would they really be putting this kind of money/effort into releasing back catalogue stuff? (SAW1.5 etc)? I can't see the ROI being big enough to justify it. 

The fact warp has been quiet about all of this rather than just saying "here's some old afx remastered by such and such engineer now available on blerp" makes me think this is new material. The secrecy + effort and money involved wouldn't be worth it for an album of oldies, would it?

No way they would spend this much on advertising for anything other than a new album.

Lol I know I sound like an entitled twat, I just really really hope it's new shiz. I love the old albums and still jam them on the reg, but interested in the next afx adventurz.

Guess we will find out soon enough!

Word. Let the hype build. I want to see more of these things before an announcement is made.

The only thing that is kinda spoiling this for me right now though is that I actually know who is behind all the street art for this which kinda takes away from the mystery. Much deserved though and I know dude is hyped beyond belief to have the job.

106gfhv.png

Word. Let the hype build. I want to see more of these things before an announcement is made.

The only thing that is kinda spoiling this for me right now though is that I actually know who is behind all the street art for this which kinda takes away from the mystery. Much deserved though and I know dude is hyped beyond belief to have the job.

106gfhv.png

Fucking got me lmao, nice one 

106gfhv.png

Oh I thought it was Spidertits from Field Day?

Would they really be putting this kind of money/effort into releasing back catalogue stuff? (SAW1.5 etc)? I can't see the ROI being big enough to justify it.

The fact warp has been quiet about all of this rather than just saying "here's some old afx remastered by such and such engineer now available on blerp" makes me think this is new material. The secrecy + effort and money involved wouldn't be worth it for an album of oldies, would it?

It’s a new album. Willing to be served crow if not. Back catalogue tracks, SAW 1.5’s, SoundCloud’s and anything else could easily be dropped on the bleep store without a major marketing campaign such as this one.

probably the worst pre release thread on watmm yet. cool art, for sure. it’s just boring. warp just seems so behind the times imo. don’t want to bring negativity into this but damn, it’s just like, ok cool, you’re gonna tell us we get a new album in 6 weeks. great.

probably the worst pre release thread on watmm yet. cool art, for sure. it’s just boring. warp just seems so behind the times imo. don’t want to bring negativity into this but damn, it’s just like, ok cool, you’re gonna tell us we get a new album in 6 weeks. great.

I'm not sure - I'd like to think the placement of the ads is maybe also hinting at a massive tour with an album drop at the end? 

Otherwise I see literally no point in placing those ads at these "random" (large, international cities). In which case you'd be completely right, p boring if there's nothing other than it being an easter egg hunt.

I'm not sure - I'd like to think the placement of the ads is maybe also hinting at a massive tour with an album drop at the end?

Otherwise I see literally no point in placing those ads at these "random" (large, international cities). In which case you'd be completely right, p boring if there's nothing other than it being an easter egg hunt.

Wasn’t Syro’s marketing similar? I remember the blimp over London and then random posters around the world.

You're right actually, wasn't the chartreuse aphex symbol stenciled all over the place or something?

(I have a shit memory for stuff like this sorry). 

So I guess maybe this is a rehash of that campaign with different (pretty cool) artwork. I guess we will know in a few weeks. ;o

Archived