IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

probably the worst pre release thread on watmm yet. cool art, for sure. it’s just boring. warp just seems so behind the times imo. don’t want to bring negativity into this but damn, it’s just like, ok cool, you’re gonna tell us we get a new album in 6 weeks. great.

I feel you in some ways, but also kinda like the typical hype of guerilla marketing before albums come out from artists I love. It's standard I agree, and it would cool to see more labels doing really crazy unique stuff to promote releases, but Warp is still a record label doing tried and true stuff to sell records right? Though, man, I'd love to help startegize an interactive album release with a label like that. Would be so much fun.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably the worst pre release thread on watmm yet. cool art, for sure. it’s just boring. warp just seems so behind the times imo. don’t want to bring negativity into this but damn, it’s just like, ok cool, you’re gonna tell us we get a new album in 6 weeks. great.

This is so spot on. You know what else sucks? Movie trailers. Why do I have to watch a mini version of the movie just to learn that there is a movie coming out? Why watch the film at all, actually? Just text me the top five lines from the script and shove a bucket of popcorn directly up my ass. I’m way too busy to find out if the antagonist rescues whoever from the jaws of yet another tired cliche.

And since we’re riffing, you know what else is fucking boring? Pregnancy. Do I really have to stare at your swollen belly and engorged milk torpedoes for nine months before I meet the heir to my huge fucking fortune? Get over yourself bitch. Send me a picture when he’s in college but otherwise leave me alone. I’m too busy listening to the silence between the notes so I don’t have to yawn my way through another boring goddamned melody.

This is so spot on. You know what else sucks? Movie trailers. Why do I have to watch a mini version of the movie just to learn that there is a movie coming out. Why watch the film at all, actually? Text me the top five lines from the script and shove a bucket of popcorn directly up my ass. I’m way too busy to find out if the antagonist rescues the whoever from the jaws of yet another tired cliche.

And since we’re riffing, you know what else is fucking boring? Pregnancy. Do I really have to stare at your swollen belly and engorged milk sacks for nine months before I meet the heir to my huge fucking fortune? Get over yourself bitch. Send me a picture when he’s in college but otherwise leave me alone. I’m listening to the silence between the notes so I don’t have to yawn my way through another boring goddamned melody.

Speaking of popcorn, did you know that movie popcorn butter is 21% cow butter, 14% shea butter, 5% truffle oil, and 32% organic fetal bovine serum/semen? Every major movie theater chain has their own proprietary blend of course. 

This is so spot on. You know what else sucks? Movie trailers. Why do I have to watch a mini version of the movie just to learn that there is a movie coming out. Why watch the film at all, actually? Text me the top five lines from the script and shove a bucket of popcorn directly up my ass. I’m way too busy to find out if the antagonist rescues the whoever from the jaws of yet another tired cliche.

And since we’re riffing, you know what else is fucking boring? Pregnancy. Do I really have to stare at your swollen belly and engorged milk sacks for nine months before I meet the heir to my huge fucking fortune? Get over yourself bitch. Send me a picture when he’s in college but otherwise leave me alone. I’m listening to the silence between the notes so I don’t have to yawn my way through another boring goddamned melody.

Speaking of popcorn, did you know that movie popcorn butter is 21% cow butter, 14% shea butter, 5% truffle oil, and 32% organic fetal bovine serum/semen? Every major movie theater chain has their own proprietary blend of course. 

Have you tried each proprietary blend to see how it effects you shoving an entire bucket of it directly up your ass though? Skip the tasting and the guilt and the quiet guilty tears for indulging in a whole bucket. 

Is one theatre chain better than another? report back

Forget eating it and trying things out, the journey is pointless tbqh. 

This is why raw movie theatre popcorn butter is best when you're going for big gains, the level of scrotein is off the charts, especially when your personal stash has run dry

Movie theater butter here is just flavored oil, anyways all of these ads are so fuckin beautifully designed. And all of the guesses here are so funny lol cause how have speculations held up on stuff like this before? Not well so i'm just v excited for how relatively unpredictable all this will turn out in the end ?

Edit: someone in nyc idk go take a closer up photo ?? 46th and 12th in manhattan

Ok so if you connect Hollywood, Manhattan, and Turin (which are some of the locations where the AFX logo has appeared) you get this:

OtM9PQF.png

BUT... if you flip it upside down, you get half of the AFX logo. I drew the last leg here:

a79196bbe15b6e5f21f99a01f498c83e.png

So I think the next logo is gonna be around that area.

Archived