New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

Is Manhattan confirmed? The Amoeba one already convinced me that this is gonna be a new record, but if there’s one in New York too then fucking extra confirmed. Super stoked to hear it, whatever it is. Syro fucking slaps.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I love about these ads is how they are each created to meld into the surface on which they are located (subway tiles, metal grate, ivy covered wall, brick wall...). They’re not just slapping up generic ads. Each location was carefully selected and each ad then created to fit. This has been in the works a long time.

Word. Let the hype build. I want to see more of these things before an announcement is made.

The only thing that is kinda spoiling this for me right now though is that I actually know who is behind all the street art for this which kinda takes away from the mystery. Much deserved though and I know dude is hyped beyond belief to have the job.

106gfhv.png

Oh I thought it was Spidertits from Field Day?

Would they really be putting this kind of money/effort into releasing back catalogue stuff? (SAW1.5 etc)? I can't see the ROI being big enough to justify it.

The fact warp has been quiet about all of this rather than just saying "here's some old afx remastered by such and such engineer now available on blerp" makes me think this is new material. The secrecy + effort and money involved wouldn't be worth it for an album of oldies, would it?

It’s a new album. Willing to be served crow if not. Back catalogue tracks, SAW 1.5’s, SoundCloud’s and anything else could easily be dropped on the bleep store without a major marketing campaign such as this one.

probably the worst pre release thread on watmm yet. cool art, for sure. it’s just boring. warp just seems so behind the times imo. don’t want to bring negativity into this but damn, it’s just like, ok cool, you’re gonna tell us we get a new album in 6 weeks. great.

Edited by jules

probably the worst pre release thread on watmm yet. cool art, for sure. it’s just boring. warp just seems so behind the times imo. don’t want to bring negativity into this but damn, it’s just like, ok cool, you’re gonna tell us we get a new album in 6 weeks. great.

I'm not sure - I'd like to think the placement of the ads is maybe also hinting at a massive tour with an album drop at the end? 

Otherwise I see literally no point in placing those ads at these "random" (large, international cities). In which case you'd be completely right, p boring if there's nothing other than it being an easter egg hunt.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I'm not sure - I'd like to think the placement of the ads is maybe also hinting at a massive tour with an album drop at the end?

Otherwise I see literally no point in placing those ads at these "random" (large, international cities). In which case you'd be completely right, p boring if there's nothing other than it being an easter egg hunt.

Wasn’t Syro’s marketing similar? I remember the blimp over London and then random posters around the world.

You're right actually, wasn't the chartreuse aphex symbol stenciled all over the place or something?

(I have a shit memory for stuff like this sorry). 

So I guess maybe this is a rehash of that campaign with different (pretty cool) artwork. I guess we will know in a few weeks. ;o

I feel you in some ways, but also kinda like the typical hype of guerilla marketing before albums come out from artists I love. It's standard I agree, and it would cool to see more labels doing really crazy unique stuff to promote releases, but Warp is still a record label doing tried and true stuff to sell records right? Though, man, I'd love to help startegize an interactive album release with a label like that. Would be so much fun.

This is so spot on. You know what else sucks? Movie trailers. Why do I have to watch a mini version of the movie just to learn that there is a movie coming out? Why watch the film at all, actually? Just text me the top five lines from the script and shove a bucket of popcorn directly up my ass. I’m way too busy to find out if the antagonist rescues whoever from the jaws of yet another tired cliche.

And since we’re riffing, you know what else is fucking boring? Pregnancy. Do I really have to stare at your swollen belly and engorged milk torpedoes for nine months before I meet the heir to my huge fucking fortune? Get over yourself bitch. Send me a picture when he’s in college but otherwise leave me alone. I’m too busy listening to the silence between the notes so I don’t have to yawn my way through another boring goddamned melody.

Edited by LOL Alzado

This is so spot on. You know what else sucks? Movie trailers. Why do I have to watch a mini version of the movie just to learn that there is a movie coming out. Why watch the film at all, actually? Text me the top five lines from the script and shove a bucket of popcorn directly up my ass. I’m way too busy to find out if the antagonist rescues the whoever from the jaws of yet another tired cliche.

And since we’re riffing, you know what else is fucking boring? Pregnancy. Do I really have to stare at your swollen belly and engorged milk sacks for nine months before I meet the heir to my huge fucking fortune? Get over yourself bitch. Send me a picture when he’s in college but otherwise leave me alone. I’m listening to the silence between the notes so I don’t have to yawn my way through another boring goddamned melody.

Speaking of popcorn, did you know that movie popcorn butter is 21% cow butter, 14% shea butter, 5% truffle oil, and 32% organic fetal bovine serum/semen? Every major movie theater chain has their own proprietary blend of course. 

This is so spot on. You know what else sucks? Movie trailers. Why do I have to watch a mini version of the movie just to learn that there is a movie coming out. Why watch the film at all, actually? Text me the top five lines from the script and shove a bucket of popcorn directly up my ass. I’m way too busy to find out if the antagonist rescues the whoever from the jaws of yet another tired cliche.

And since we’re riffing, you know what else is fucking boring? Pregnancy. Do I really have to stare at your swollen belly and engorged milk sacks for nine months before I meet the heir to my huge fucking fortune? Get over yourself bitch. Send me a picture when he’s in college but otherwise leave me alone. I’m listening to the silence between the notes so I don’t have to yawn my way through another boring goddamned melody.

Speaking of popcorn, did you know that movie popcorn butter is 21% cow butter, 14% shea butter, 5% truffle oil, and 32% organic fetal bovine serum/semen? Every major movie theater chain has their own proprietary blend of course. 

Have you tried each proprietary blend to see how it effects you shoving an entire bucket of it directly up your ass though? Skip the tasting and the guilt and the quiet guilty tears for indulging in a whole bucket. 

Is one theatre chain better than another? report back

Forget eating it and trying things out, the journey is pointless tbqh. 

This is why raw movie theatre popcorn butter is best when you're going for big gains, the level of scrotein is off the charts, especially when your personal stash has run dry

Movie theater butter here is just flavored oil, anyways all of these ads are so fuckin beautifully designed. And all of the guesses here are so funny lol cause how have speculations held up on stuff like this before? Not well so i'm just v excited for how relatively unpredictable all this will turn out in the end ?

Edit: someone in nyc idk go take a closer up photo ?? 46th and 12th in manhattan

Edited by BoomTssPhace

Sorry, Movie Theatre Popcorn is incredible. I wasn't trying to sideline Candiru I was legit interested in his popcorn process compared to mine. 

Edit:  :cisfor:

lol

Winner of the award in the category of  "Breaking the Awkward Silences" goes to D4M0