IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

Ok so if you connect Hollywood, Manhattan, and Turin (which are some of the locations where the AFX logo has appeared) you get this:

OtM9PQF.png

BUT... if you flip it upside down, you get half of the AFX logo. I drew the last leg here:

a79196bbe15b6e5f21f99a01f498c83e.png

So I think the next logo is gonna be around that area.

And by leaving out London, you assume Brexit implies it'll stop to exit anyways!?

Also, add London and you can still look whether or not you can create something resembling the aphex logo. ;p

Also 2, red moon guys! WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all the cities that are getting ad's will be hosting a listening party for a new Aphex Twin LP at some point.

If i remember correctly that's how it went down with the Syro stencils.

I hope we will know more early next week but i wouldn't be surprised if they really dragged this out. 

They might build things up to a fevered pitch.

probably the worst pre release thread on watmm yet. cool art, for sure. it’s just boring. warp just seems so behind the times imo. don’t want to bring negativity into this but damn, it’s just like, ok cool, you’re gonna tell us we get a new album in 6 weeks. great.

This is so spot on. You know what else sucks? Movie trailers. Why do I have to watch a mini version of the movie just to learn that there is a movie coming out? Why watch the film at all, actually? Just text me the top five lines from the script and shove a bucket of popcorn directly up my ass. I’m way too busy to find out if the antagonist rescues whoever from the jaws of yet another tired cliche.

And since we’re riffing, you know what else is fucking boring? Pregnancy. Do I really have to stare at your swollen belly and engorged milk torpedoes for nine months before I meet the heir to my huge fucking fortune? Get over yourself bitch. Send me a picture when he’s in college but otherwise leave me alone. I’m too busy listening to the silence between the notes so I don’t have to yawn my way through another boring goddamned melody.

So glad you’re back!

Much as lots of people here are excited, these kinds of campaigns aren't for us. They could do anything and superfans would get excited, but this kind of campaign is aimed at getting more casual listeners interested again. So people moaning that it isn't original enough are kind of missing the point. 

Much as lots of people here are excited, these kinds of campaigns aren't for us. They could do anything and superfans would get excited, but this kind of campaign is aimed at getting more casual listeners interested again. So people moaning that it isn't original enough are kind of missing the point.

Yeah, heaven forbid Warp and Richard try to make a little coin off their hard work. Seems pretty cynical and shitty for fans to demand they deliver a masterpiece album without boring us with an effort to let other people know it exists. The audacity!

Yeah, heaven forbid Warp and Richard try to make a little coin off their hard work. Seems pretty cynical and shitty for fans to demand they deliver a masterpiece album without boring us with an effort to let other people know it exists. The audacity!

the nerve !

Ok so if you connect Hollywood, Manhattan, and Turin (which are some of the locations where the AFX logo has appeared) you get this:

OtM9PQF.png

BUT... if you flip it upside down, you get half of the AFX logo. I drew the last leg here:

a79196bbe15b6e5f21f99a01f498c83e.png

So I think the next logo is gonna be around that area.

fucking lol

while that is true, I understand drumming up interest from casual fans, but after this is all over and the record comes out 5 weeks later, you think those people are still on board?

I agree and think they should definitely NOT market it because you think it’s a waste of time. Should I send Warp an email or have you already shared your thoughts?

Could be getting a mother lode, new double album, remastered boxset, the whole wibbly wabbly whopper.

Go on, get your wibbly wabbly whopper out Richard. 

I agree and think they should definitely NOT market it because you think it’s a waste of time. Should I send Warp an email or have you already shared your thoughts?

yes please do that. Thanks.

edit: also, flol at comparing 3 posters to a movie trailer

wow, all this ranting about marketing campaigns is a fucking bore

sound like a right load of coked up cunts

wibbly wabbly whopper

agree. Just need BOC by end of year and I will be right about all 3 having a release this year. Good thing you didn’t bet me again!

Archived