Sign in to follow this  
nickthefish

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

It's just weird that Warp's idea for advertising ODS (8 track EP) was 1 Youtube video iirc, Cheetah (7 track EP) it was the old synth flyers sent about, pretty cheap, then for this 5 track EP they spend a fortune getting proper ads up everywhere, something doesn't add up for sure. 

Gets bigger everytime. CCAI got nothing, ODS had a short trailer, Cheetah had the first Aphex music video since Windowlicker and those fancy press releases, now we've got worldwide ad space and (presumably) another music vid.

hype gone

5 tracks

all killer

no filler

id buy that for a dollar

it's just prepping advice for the impending fall of civilisation put through a vintage vocoder

Did Stanley Unwin write that press release?

rushup edge and come to daddy were eps

Ep's sometime the best work of the top Warp artist's

as well as windowlicker, girl/boy, hangable auto bulbs, etc  :aphexsign:

Smojphace

Smojphace

EP7    :emotawesomepm9: 

so whats the general consensus? 

EP is what we're in for or is that just the start? 

It's just weird that Warp's idea for advertising ODS (8 track EP) was 1 Youtube video iirc, Cheetah (7 track EP) it was the old synth flyers sent about, pretty cheap, then for this 5 track EP they spend a fortune getting proper ads up everywhere, something doesn't add up for sure.

Trying not to draw any conclusions with incomplete information. But this seems to raise more questions than it answers.

Maybe it is because of the potential new video on AS, that IS pretty hype and would make the ad campaign make sense. 

where do 5 ads cost a fortune? 

Pretty much anywhere - sanctioned ad space is never cheap.

Yeah I'm thinking it will be a game changing EP like Come to Daddy, Windowlicker or On. And maybe leading up to an epic album. I guess it could just be noodling experiments in modular acid, but that doesn't sound right for something advertised this heavily. Edited by Lane Visitor

Yeah I'm thinking it will be a game changing EP like Come to Daddy, Windowlicker or On. And maybe leading up to an epic album. I guess it could just be noodling experiments in modular acid, but that doesn't sound right for something advertised this heavily.

My thoughts too. Other recent EPs didn't really get the same treatment did they? CCAI2, Cheetah EP etc, I don't remember them being marketed in such a way (but my memory is really shit for this kind of thing).

Cheetah had the press things, the listening booth thing, and the broadcast on that big screen in Tokyo.

Yeah I'm thinking it will be a game changing EP like Come to Daddy, Windowlicker or On. And maybe leading up to an epic album. I guess it could just be noodling experiments in modular acid, but that doesn't sound right for something advertised this heavily.

My thoughts too. Other recent EPs didn't really get the same treatment did they? CCAI2, Cheetah EP etc, I don't remember them being marketed in such a way (but my memory is really shit for this kind of thing).
Yeah they really weren't. Also I just get a general vibe from the promotional art and approaches as well as that press release and even the title of the EP that it will be far from the sound of Cheetah, Orphaned, and even Syro. I kinda think the experimental acid stuff was more an era or collection that he felt he needed to get out there (an appreciated effort of course) and that now, onto something new maybe. Edited by Lane Visitor

Yeah they really weren't. Also I just get a general vibe from the promotional art and approaches as well as that press release and even the title of the EP that it will be far from the sound of Cheetah, Orphaned, and even Syro. I kinda think the experimental acid stuff was more an era or collection that he felt he needed to get out there (an appreciated effort of course) and that now, onto something new maybe.

I want to believe.

That said, if it is more purest analog acid, it will still be incrrdible. :)

Loving the idea that whatever the logo is on, Collapses... so fun.... so original....///////////////////7\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ 

Apart from when it was on the banner for your radio show

H

giphy.gif

Yeah cause can just imagine ricky d jams on the phone to the warp PR Team

"you know them last few release's were just noodling shit? Well this ones a game changer so get the big guns out for the promo!" :)

Anyhow am excited! :)

If the Adult Swim show schedule is to be believed, this EP is 5 minutes long.  Perhaps a reaction to NTS sessions.  Really short releases are the way of the future.

If the Adult Swim show schedule is to be believed, this EP is 5 minutes long.  Perhaps a reaction to NTS sessions.  Really short releases are the way of the future.

lol thatd be rlly awesome

5 game changing minutes in music

lots of new parameters per second

Hahaha Mmmmyeaaaaah mabye...

No