IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

Yeah, I think the fact it was sold in a very limited run at a gig inherently brings it less attention.

Aye but its also on his bleep store..

True - I suppose there are plenty of people who are still hugely into physicals, though. I know I'd end up listening to it a lot more if I had a copy of the LP.

I've got one, never opened it :^)

I'll give you a fiver for it.

You misspelled favor (or favour as you spell it over there).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I think the fact it was sold in a very limited run at a gig inherently brings it less attention.

Aye but its also on his bleep store..

True - I suppose there are plenty of people who are still hugely into physicals, though. I know I'd end up listening to it a lot more if I had a copy of the LP.

I've got one, never opened it :^)

I'll give you a fiver for it.

You misspelled favor (or favour as you spell it over there).

i thought it was supposed to be liver.

• 3 months later...

anyone ever ID this track?

...all right, now who of you did this? :watmm:

Assuming that audio is actually from that record I’d like to hear the whole record, pretty funky acid

+303

Duh me, of course. I'm actually confident we will find out this really soon since after all it was found from "a garbage container outside a CD and vinyl pressing plant", right guys? :fear: 

Was listening to Mandy what's her chops red bull thing the other day. My ears pricked up when she mentioned that they mastered loads of stuff for syro which presumably didn't make the grade or something like that. Fingers crossed there's more bonus bits lying about.

Assuming that audio is actually from that record I’d like to hear the whole record, pretty funky acid

+303

Duh me, of course. I'm actually confident we will find out this really soon since after all it was found from "a garbage container outside a CD and vinyl pressing plant", right guys? :fear:

man, I really thought someone on here would be able to ID this. It does sound AFXy but can't imagine this is a real track that leaked and then wasn't on collapse. it's just some person yeah? then who?

https://youtu.be/rq95i_Qphqs

+303

man, I really thought someone on here would be able to ID this. It does sound AFXy but can't imagine this is a real track that leaked and then wasn't on collapse. it's just some person yeah? then who?

This is better than a rolling lol as far as im concerned. This needs to be solved by xmas. Else baby idm-jesus will cry!

Was listening to Mandy what's her chops red bull thing the other day. My ears pricked up when she mentioned that they mastered loads of stuff for syro which presumably didn't make the grade or something like that. Fingers crossed there's more bonus bits lying about.

There's a bit about it from 6:00 onwards here:

She did an awesome job on Syro's mastering (assuming she did Collapse as well). Always interesting to hear from the "behind the scenes" people!

She did an awesome job on Syro's mastering (assuming she did Collapse as well). Always interesting to hear from the "behind the scenes" people!

Are you talking about CD/Digital or vinyl mastering? The general opinion is that the mastering on vinyl is better, softer if you will, and it was done by Beau Thomas who took the bill on Collapse too. It would be cool if Rich added also the BT version of Syro to bleep store for it would be interesting to compare it with the version I know from inside out. MARACHROMT and End E2 do indeed sound little different from the rest of the album. But in general, I've been satisfied with my Parnell version.

Are you talking about CD/Digital or vinyl mastering? The general opinion is that the mastering on vinyl is better, softer if you will, and it was done by Beau Thomas who took the bill on Collapse too. It would be cool if Rich added also the BT version of Syro to bleep store for it would be interesting to compare it with the version I know from inside out. MARACHROMT and End E2 do indeed sound little different from the rest of the album. But in general, I've been satisfied with my Parnell version.

Yes, digital version - I've never heard the vinyl version because I don't play/collect CD/vinyl anymore. Interesting he had two different people do the mastering work based on the format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-XWRXnnWL0

Yes, digital version - I've never heard the vinyl version because I don't play/collect CD/vinyl anymore. Interesting he had two different people do the mastering work based on the format.
Considering getting the vinyl off the back of this. I like the digis but feel they need to be played quite loud to appreciate them, plus the bonus track on the store sounds better to my ears so the idea of a softer mix is appealing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

^^^this is only regarding syro. Collapse is incredible in everyway

In that regard, you might want to avoid the vinyl version of Collapse... but not because of the mastering :dadjoke:
Haha Yeah true. Maybe the one thing that did go wrong on collapse!

• 3 weeks later...

Considering getting the vinyl off the back of this. I like the digis but feel they need to be played quite loud to appreciate them, plus the bonus track on the store sounds better to my ears so the idea of a softer mix is appealing.

well well what do you know. Was surfing on AFX bleepstore and it seems that the version there is mastered by Beau Thomas (and no, not just End E2 but the whole thing). Haven't seen it mentioned here so it was new to me. The general bleep store doesn't give any credit for the mastering, but I guess it's still the Parnell one. Dunno if I really need to buy the Thomas edition though. I've listened to Syro a lot in the past few days and it sounds almost perfect already, so why try to fix it...

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to the AFXstore version of Syro now, I feel like I can hear the difference in the mastering, and prefer it. It's softer/smoother and I can pay attention to the details more easily than the Parnell mastering which fatigues my ear much faster and cuts into the details.

Interesting/exciting. Would be lolz if it turns out to actually just be the web-player compression, but it feels different. Has there been a thread about this?

Archived