IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is fascinating (well, barely interesting) is how quickly the flow of the thinnest scraps of information are passed around and solidified as fact. It's pretty obvious that there will always be plenty of eyes on watmm when potentially big Aphex happenings are afoot, but a lazy search on twatter will return you a flood of posts from small to large outlets all spouting the same 'fan speculation' angle - which very conveniently distances them from being wrong should their sources (ie: here) be incorrect.

If I were reporting on it, I don't know how much faith I would put in that Guardian confirmation - all that confirms is a campaign of some sort, and not necessarily a new album that so many journalists (pfft) have jumped the gun on. It would take a few minutes to debunk any of the incorrect points currently drifting around, or even doing some extra journalistic legwork and pointing out that it's a bit strange how the Warp site has been down for close to 24 hours (you can have that one for free, journo friends). But nah, let's just do the least possible and keep F5-ing watmm for the hot scoops.

blfi.gif

Load of journalists are going to read this and think "yeah, all those other journalists are doing this and are fucking hacks" while doing the same themselves. 

I'm talking to you, Fact employee.

Joyrex's post intrigues me and worries me a little. The suggestion that this might just slightly possibly be something else - installation, gear, etc. - is a bit disappointing as it's more than time enough for a new album. 

Yeah so far it's just a subway ad.

What is fascinating (well, barely interesting) is how quickly the flow of the thinnest scraps of information are passed around and solidified as fact. It's pretty obvious that there will always be plenty of eyes on watmm when potentially big Aphex happenings are afoot, but a lazy search on twatter will return you a flood of posts from small to large outlets all spouting the same 'fan speculation' angle - which very conveniently distances them from being wrong should their sources (ie: here) be incorrect.

If I were reporting on it, I don't know how much faith I would put in that Guardian confirmation - all that confirms is a campaign of some sort, and not necessarily a new album that so many journalists (pfft) have jumped the gun on. It would take a few minutes to debunk any of the incorrect points currently drifting around, or even doing some extra journalistic legwork and pointing out that it's a bit strange how the Warp site has been down for close to 24 hours (you can have that one for free, journo friends). But nah, let's just do the least possible and keep F5-ing watmm for the hot scoops.

blfi.gif

Load of journalists are going to read this and think "yeah, all those other journalists are doing this and are fucking hacks" while doing the same themselves. 

I'm talking to you, Fact employee.

Joyrex's post intrigues me and worries me a little. The suggestion that this might just slightly possibly be something else - installation, gear, etc. - is a bit disappointing as it's more than time enough for a new album. 

Yeah so far it's just a subway ad.

subway-logo-1500x720.png

I saw a guy walking in my neihgbourhood with an ephex twin shirt logo on his shirt around on the very day this thread was posted. Coincidence? I think maybe.

I saw a guy walking in my neihgbourhood with an ephex twin shirt logo on his shirt around on the very day this thread was posted. Coincidence? I think maybe.

Maybe it was Teh Aphix Twims herself...

it's an arg you're supposed to kidnap them and keep them in your basement until they reveal the location of the sole copy of the album buried somewhere

you let the whole team down

Maybe it was Teh Aphix Twims herself...

how could it be if their was only one guy?

Warp.net seems to work now? no news on afx

Pure speculation but maybe they were trying to migrate to https now the warning for http sites have been made a bit more IN YOUR FACE with the current versions Chrome, and things just went a bit blerp so they reverted back.

Sorry really off topic (too lazy to make thread for it), but imo the yves tumor single is really good.  Sounds like a track john peel would have rinsed.. familiar but just different enough to not be aping any particular style.

that is wildly off topic indeed

the yves tumor single was on top of warp homepage when it came back to life.  I havent seen anyone mention it on watmm so didnt know where to put that admittedly unsolicited comment

back on topic, hopefully the warp homepage gets some phex news soon, it would be the logical space to announce anything

RE Bulk, kinda looks like Sardinia

I find it hard to believe this could be something other than a brand new album. The only possible alternative I can think of would be an announcement for a London show.

New album: special limited edition version includes audiophile headphones designed by Richard himself.  Sign me the fuck up.

that is wildly off topic indeed

the yves tumor single was on top of warp homepage when it came back to life.  I havent seen anyone mention it on watmm so didnt know where to put that admittedly unsolicited comment

back on topic, hopefully the warp homepage gets some phex news soon, it would be the logical space to announce anything

RE Bulk, kinda looks like Sardinia

lol I'm just teasin' ya. 

=P

Warp.net seems to work now? no news on afx

Pure speculation but maybe they were trying to migrate to https now the warning for http sites have been made a bit more IN YOUR FACE with the current versions Chrome, and things just went a bit blerp so they reverted back.

they already have a cert on there that works, they would just need a redirect. Which... not the hardest thing in the world to put into place but hey, sometimes apache or whatever can be confusing.

Enough with the sadistic blue balling warp, give us the good news!!

this, pretty sure it's the long awaited sequel to syro, would be gutted if it's not new music...

New album: special limited edition version includes audiophile headphones designed by Richard himself.  Sign me the fuck up.

That's what the fuck I'm talking about. 360 degrees of brand new binaural bangers or whatever you call them bouncing around your skull and off in the distance.

Archived