IGNORED

Berlin Suggestions

Disappearer

I am going to visit Berlin in mid-August for holidays and I am looking for suggestions for things to do from locals or WATMMers being there.

When it comes to clubs I've decided to keep away from Bergain because I don't wanna risk wasting hours waiting in a line only to be rejected in case bouncers think I'm not cool enough. And I am reading they do this a lot, so no thanks.
Also to be honest I am note sure I'd like the music Bergain, Arena or even Tresor circa 2018 spin.
My definition of good techno is 90's Jeff Mills, Beltram, Mike Dred or Acid rather than the borefest labeled as minimal and/or hip tech house and what Richie Hawtin has turned into.

Basically this: [flash=]

instead of mellow stuff like this: [flash=]

These guys play in Tresor while I'll be there and I was like WTF? :emotawesomepm9:

So yeah, I guess that techno I am thinking of is pretty much dead or at least it is not played in clubs.
Any places spinning IDM/more break-oriented or experimental stuff?

But yeah, other than clubs I am also looking for nice rooftop bar, contemporary art suggestions as well as any of those great, hidden, not-in-the-tourist-guide places Berlin is rumored to have, plus any unmissable unusual attractions the average WATMMer would dig such as Peristal Singum which seems awesome but unfortunately closed for years now. Basically hit me up with any tips/suggestions you would like! Thank you.

Go to that tent city near Kreuzberg and listen to drill n bass while tripping on shrooms and puke up a ton of Currywurst.

If you want to meet random peeps, go on the street art tour, though you could probably see a lot of stuff by exploring on your own, it does get you to meet people.

it's always good to hit up resident advisor to see what's happening and where:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/de/berlin/month/2018-08-01

You should probably find a local to go to these clubs with because they have snooty bouncers.

Sisyphos is probably the best club right now. Feels like some kind of psychedelic playground.

6b815f56e4396413f28d30fbc68f215c.jpg

Griessmühle is fun, chill place kind of like a weird treehouse vibe.

couple of events look fun:

de-0812-1132197-1164122-front.jpg

de-0817-1135544-0-front.jpg

://about blank is another interesting club, also a kind of ramshackle vibe. kinda dingy. they got ben ufo on the 11th

de-0811-1130523-front.jpg

and that's near Salon zur wilde Renate, which is a trip. It's just an apartment building. Very trippy place.

de-ritter-butzke-berlin.jpg

If you like coffee go to The Barn (the roastery is the nicest of the two).

If you’re into Egyptian and Greek history you should visit Altes Museum. I geeked out when I visited it a couple of weeks ago.

If you like pizza you should get a reservation at Standard Pizza. Really fucking good neapolitan pizza.

And if you like ramen go to Cocolo.

But just walk around. It’s the ideal walking around city.

But just walk around. It’s the ideal walking around city.

even better is bike/walk around, shit can be fairly far apart.

on that note, bike through tempelhof airfield and catch the utopian vibe there.

and since im into architecture, for that i recommend Neues Museum, Berlin Philharmonic, Neue National Galerie, Netherlands Embassy, and the holocaust memorial

they let me into Bergain and I'm about the most uncool motherfucker ever

that said it was 10 years ago for ae so maybe that doesn't count 

I too went to Ritter Butzke and Greissmuhle when I was there in April. Also a place called Chalet. Had a great time at all.

All really interesting converted spaces, very different from the "club" atmosphere I'm accustomed to in NYC.

I found all of them through Resident Advisor, based on names I wanted to see (Dominic Eulberg, Charlotte de Witte, Pinch).

hola,

according to my bro living in berlin for

Any places spinning IDM/more break-oriented or experimental stuff?

Ohm Club / Ausland / West Germany Venue / Spektrum / Madame Claude / Gretchen Club / loophole / Funkhaus / Arkaoda / Void Club / Paloma / Acud

• 3 weeks later...

Archived