IGNORED

US tour reports

Snickerfritz

Well, Luke’s little US tour will get underway in just a few short days. Give us a review of the shows as they happen here? I’d love to hear what Luke is doing at these shows. Geeked about Austin soon!!

Any reports on merch would be appreciated so I can figure out how much $ to have on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ugh the Austin show's gonna be at Switched On? Guessing it will be in the parking lot, which while better than trying that set in the shop, still really sucks.

Austin needs to stop bullshitting with electronic music. Greedy baby boomers and their idiot silver-spooned offspring are continuing to keep this city backwards.

Can anyone report in on the Chicago set?

It was epic, form what I heard.  Played tons of unreleased material.  Furthur Fest was great too.  I hope Luke continues to bless us with unreleased stuff throughout.

I just got back from seeing him at the Even Furthur festival in Wisconsin. Was a great time! He headlined on Saturday night, following an analog acid set by Underground Resistance (Which was surprisingly boring actually ; a bunch of people seemed disappointed). The majority was all hard hitting acid, mostly unreleased shit I think. At least I couldn't identify any of the tracks. Later he snuck in some Drexciya and closed out with a few Tuss tracks. The crowd went nuts! I have to wonder if he changed up the set to accommodate the 90's rave vibe of the fest or not. Makes me curious to hear what he does for the rest of the tour.

Overall Id definitely recommend going if you want to lose your shit at an absolutely insane acid set!

I just got back from seeing him at the Even Furthur festival in Wisconsin. Was a great time! He headlined on Saturday night, following an analog acid set by Underground Resistance (Which was surprisingly boring actually ; a bunch of people seemed disappointed). The majority was all hard hitting acid, mostly unreleased shit I think. At least I couldn't identify any of the tracks. Later he snuck in some Drexciya and closed out with a few Tuss tracks. The crowd went nuts! I have to wonder if he changed up the set to accommodate the 90's rave vibe of the fest or not. Makes me curious to hear what he does for the rest of the tour.

Overall Id definitely recommend going if you want to lose your shit at an absolutely insane acid set!

Funny.. DJ sitngray at a recent Dublin gig was similarly disappointing AND LV ended with loads of afx/tuss the last time i saw him .. 

Yeah I missed the merch when he came to the festival, but the next day I saw some people wearing Luke Vibert shirts who said he had those and the Turn EP available

Any merch on sale at the gigs?

I asked about this on the People of Rhythm FB page and they said "There are stickers, pins, and limited t-shirts made for the tour and Turn EP release. They will come in most sizes and will be $20. in blue w/ white Luke logo and black w/ neon green Luke logo for color options."

No merch at the Seattle gig. But holy fucking shit, 1.5 hours of absurdly incredible tunage. I danced front row the entire time and lost my shit continually for the entire set. Also met and chatted with Luke several times before and after the set. Lush as shit. Best set I’ve seen since Afx in Houston.

seattle tonight was amazing, first some guy played a mix which was okay, then this girl played a minimal acid set which was really good, then that other same dude played again I think, then Luke, danced nonstop on the last two sets I hate to admit, too much autism to go say hi to Luke though.  me =  pale + blonde + tan shorts + green/brown exai shirt. probably saw you lada

I'm not that familiar with luke vibert and am mainly a fan of Lover's Acid and the track I Love Acid lol so was hoping he'd play that but it was all new stuff and that was even better.  Guy before him played Box Energy and Didgeridoo which was perfect, also LFO-LFO.  Hell yeah

seattle tonight was amazing, first some guy played a mix which was okay, then this girl played a minimal acid set which was really good, then that other same dude played again I think, then Luke, danced nonstop on the last two sets I hate to admit, too much autism to go say hi to Luke though. me = pale + blonde + tan shorts + green/brown exai shirt. probably saw you lada

I'm not that familiar with luke vibert and am mainly a fan of Lover's Acid and the track I Love Acid lol so was hoping he'd play that but it was all new stuff and that was even better. Guy before him played Box Energy and Didgeridoo which was perfect, also LFO-LFO. Hell yeah

It was Luke that closed his set with Didgeridoo lol

And yeah you probs saw me, I was losing my shit front row

Luke was very approachable, I hung with him several times, supremely nice dude & chatty

me =  pale + blonde + tan shorts + green/brown exai shirt. probably saw you lada

Was in tan shorts and Ae live shirt. We should start an army.

Seattle set was great and loved that it wasn't all one thing, plenty of Vibert's different styles mixing it up. Was *so* disappointed that have had a number of emergencies this week which resulted in a few nights of only couple hours sleep each so was dead tired, because as soon as he started dropping the acid tracks right through the end was wicked and hard not to move (and moving made me feel like I would just fall over). 

DJ manos set was ok, at least I didn't fall asleep.

Raica set was good, always love seeing her.

Didn't stick around after Vibert.

No merch, wonder what happened as People of Rhythm said he was going to have stuff and I was hoping to pick up a shirt for myself and another single to try and get signed and then pass off to my kid who can't pass the ID check.

me = pale + blonde + tan shorts + green/brown exai shirt. probably saw you lada

Was in tan shorts and Ae live shirt. We should start an army.

Seattle set was great and loved that it wasn't all one thing, plenty of Vibert's different styles mixing it up. Was *so* disappointed that have had a number of emergencies this week which resulted in a few nights of only couple hours sleep each so was dead tired, because as soon as he started dropping the acid tracks right through the end was wicked and hard not to move (and moving made me feel like I would just fall over).

DJ manos set was ok, at least I didn't fall asleep.

Raica set was good, always love seeing her.

Didn't stick around after Vibert.

No merch, wonder what happened as People of Rhythm said he was going to have stuff and I was hoping to pick up a shirt for myself and another single to try and get signed and then pass off to my kid who can't pass the ID check.

I knew I should have been looking for Ae shirts. I was in black jeans + the black t-shirt with chartreuse Afx logo.

Got to Austin too early. Show doesn’t start for another 6 hours and it’s ef’n hot. I’ll be the schmuck wearing a Komeda t-shirt if anyone wants to say “Hi.” FWIW, you’d be more than welcome to say “high” to me too, since I didn’t really want to travel the 400 miles with any illicit substances on board, hint hint.

Oh, I got to chill with Vibert quite a bit too. He was just there, hanging out with everybody all night, and it was a long night too with four artists performing before him. It was hot as fuck though.

I would say the set was pretty sample light. There were some, but not a whole lot really. The only single one I can say I’ve heard him use before was the that goes something like “blah blah, and Babylon shall fall” or something like that. There was one I remember with a high pitched female singing something like “music is wonderful.” And I remember another one a dude saying “gabba gabba gabba”.

I got an ambient recording, the set was around an hour and ten minutes.

I got an ambient recording. The set was about an hour and ten minutes.

Archived