IGNORED

Helena Hauff - Qualms

auxien

Yeah this popped up on my radar as well, her earlier stuff was right up my alley - raw unabashed and unrestrained straight to tape techno. 

Reminds me of Container who I just noticed RA wasn't super into as well I dunno, I like this stuff a lot more than the more hyped / overrated Vatican Shadow releases or anything off of Blackest Ever Black that pfork and others tend to consistently jizz over - it's less conceptional and just bangin'

A few tracks were good but most of them didn't really go anywhere, just kinda hit my ear as sketches more than something substantive. Maybe that's the point of course, worth a second listen at least imo

Another artist I need to try and catch at Houghton Festival this weekend. The lineup is insane and I expect I will miss most of the artists I intend to catch, however will report back if I catch her set.

• 5 months later...

Reporting in to say this album is dope (i had been sleeping on it before now), and shes a ridiculously good dj.  She played last night in cdmx, electro and acid records all night long, one of the most fun sets ive been to in quite some time.  Keeping the vibe going today with this album.

• 4 months later...

this ain't bad. not great or anything but decent for what it is. not trying to be too much, which is fine. it's a sometimes sorta thing. Spotify listen, not a CD purchase :)

2 hours ago, auxien said:

this ain't bad. not great or anything but decent for what it is. not trying to be too much, which is fine. it's a sometimes sorta thing. Spotify listen, not a CD purchase ?

For home listening i agree. My last post I was super excited still because her dj set was so damn good.  This sort of raw hardware electro sounded really great on a basement club soundsystem, so that helps methinks.

5 hours ago, auxien said:

this ain't bad. not great or anything but decent for what it is. not trying to be too much, which is fine. it's a sometimes sorta thing. Spotify listen, not a CD purchase ?

Quit sitting on the fence. Good or not good?

8 minutes ago, drome said:

Quit sitting on the fence. Good or not good?

not great or anything but decent for what it is.

world's not black and white, dude.

Archived