IGNORED

Visualization of Aphex Twin letter preference

lextreefrog

all that statistics knowledge yet you didn't even care using a correct dataset

I absolutely want the most complete dataset possible.  If anyone wants to point out any beefy releases you don't see on rapgenius.  I'd need it in the below form.  

2r29lk4.jpg

I'm glad I pulled this up to screenshot since, as you'll notice, rap genius has the fan titles for SAWII!  We clearly shouldn't be counting those as we are interested in Aphex Twin's authorial preference, not how that preference is perceived or interpreted.   We want to prove authorial intent!  Apologize for the oversight.  ...wonder what happens if we remove it

24wyfc4.jpg

looks about the same, but let's save our eyeballs some trouble:

2duk1vl.jpg

Only 2 of the top 10 overindexed letters in AFX titles ("x","z",...,"l") increase in the relative distribution when SAWII fan titles are included, while 6 out of the bottom 10 increased.  This is evidence that the fan titles bring the distribution of AFX titles closer to the distribution of the English language.  

I love how "w" stayed at the bottom AND is the most affected by the inclusion.  Aphex Twin doesn't ask questions!

What the fuck has he got against W? Fucking cunt.

It's a bit of a shit letter, really. Should be called double vee.

lextreefrog did you include the soundcloud dump?

No, can anyone point help me in finding a *clean* source of the text of the names so I can add?  Something that is easily scrapeable like a chart like wikipedia uses would be ideal.

Love these questions! The dataset I pulled, which is every "Aphex Twin" release on rapenius except Rushup Edge I think because it has a special character in it I couldn't pull it down properly.

There are 11 instances of q in the 307 unique song titles I pulled.

29els0z.jpg

you're forgetting Quintute, the remixed/re-edited version from the 1992 peel session. I HAVE A STRONG OPINION ABOUT THIS

Archived