Fingers crossed Warp30 delivers on all fronts

this, was a little bit disappointed by warp 20 (except for that godtier Squarepusher performance and Autechre unreleased track) mainly because they're signing almost exclusively shitty artist since 15 years . Hope we'll see an homage to Mark Bell , without LFO there would be no Warp record.

I would love a soundboard of (what turned out to be his last performance) at Warp20. And yes, there's def some cruft in the boxset

Edit: At least they have 0PN now and er...

Mark Bell didn’t perform at Warp20 Sheffield...was it one of the other Warp20 gigs that happened?

Mark Bell didn’t perform at Warp20 Sheffield...was it one of the other Warp20 gigs that happened?

Shit yes, that was Warp25 in Poland (I think)

Artworks added. More stuff to come soon(ish)

Nice. I was surprised TDR didn't get asked to do the design of this, they are so tied up in Warp history. I guess it was during the time TDR closed before re-emerging as a new company... https://www.creativereview.co.uk/the-designers-republic-is-dead-long-live-the-designers-republic/

Artworks added. More stuff to come soon(ish)

Nice. I was surprised TDR didn't get asked to do the design of this, they are so tied up in Warp history. I guess it was during the time TDR closed before re-emerging as a new company... https://www.creativereview.co.uk/the-designers-republic-is-dead-long-live-the-designers-republic/

Correctamundo

Bit of trivia about the artwork by YES. For the longest time I was under the assumption it was just a digital 3D object used in the key artworks, but nope:

"Warp Records commissioned YES to create the identity and visual material for their 20th anniversary — Warp20. The imagery we conceived aimed to reflect the iconic, ever evolving nature of the label and it’s place in British music. We comissioned the fabrication of a large-scale 3D Möbius strip to be photographed in various environments around the country. In collaboration with photographic artist Dan Holdsworth 20 images were produced to mark the labels connection to the UK."

EhSVPsd.jpg

Bit of trivia about the artwork by YES. For the longest time I was under the assumption it was just a digital 3D object used in the key artworks, but nope:

"Warp Records commissioned YES to create the identity and visual material for their 20th anniversary — Warp20. The imagery we conceived aimed to reflect the iconic, ever evolving nature of the label and it’s place in British music. We comissioned the fabrication of a large-scale 3D Möbius strip to be photographed in various environments around the country. In collaboration with photographic artist Dan Holdsworth 20 images were produced to mark the labels connection to the UK."

EhSVPsd.jpg

Wow, I had no idea that was a physical object. Makes the whole thing seem a lot cooler than it did at the time.

Uff, ten years already, makes me very nostalgic. The Warp20 party at Berghain still is one of my best music experiences - and probably will ever be.

• 2 weeks later...

Was it Warp20 when they had a dedicated website for people to vote for their favorite Warp tracks? Pretty sure it was. I think the winning results were compiled onto a cd within the boxset.

That was a wicked website, I remember discovering so many mind blowing tunes from that. That's definitely when I first heard of VLetrmx and of course the Garbage Ep. Really enjoyed reading the stories and comments for all those tunes. My knowledge of great Warp tracks was increased tenfold therein. 

Was it Warp20 when they had a dedicated website for people to vote for their favorite Warp tracks? Pretty sure it was. I think the winning results were compiled onto a cd within the boxset.

Yep, they were on the 'Chosen' CD. You can see the site in semi-working order here: https://web.archive.org/web/20111006192810/http://warp20.net:80/

• 1 year later...

Archived