IGNORED

GranuLab pc software (now also a PC & Mac VST)

worms

Yeah, Granulab and Coagula are both great.  This was the first granular synthesis software I ever saw, although I've actually  used Coagula more than Granulab over the years.

Still use Stomper pretty regularly, too.

Still use Stomper pretty regularly, too.

Yeah! I also still use dozen of sounds generated with Stomper Ultra on regular basis.

I finally had a chance to go visit my folks and pick up the Akai S-5000 that I bought a couple months ago and had shipped to them because I wasn't going to be around to sign for it.  I expect to use stomper a lot more again now that I have it, I kind of tapered of since I stopped using an MPC as the center of my studio (mostly because a couple of the buttons wore out and I haven't had it in me to pull the whole thing apart to replace them).  When I was using the MPC every day Stomper was in heavy rotation.

oh man Stomper! That brings back memories.. makes me remember Orangator as well. Ah, the days of non-realtime synthesis lol

The first one I ever played with was SimSynth:

simsynth.gif

So was surprised to learn a decade or so later that ImageLine had picked it up and made a real time version (though checking their site now it seems like it's been discontinued)

• 1 month later...

It's a bit buggy but I can see that this is gonna be a great thing once it matured

Yeah Rasmus admitted it was sorta rushed out when he learned about this year's KVR Developer Challenge - There was quite a few updates last month and fingers crossed we'll see even more magic done to it over the upcoming weeks/months

• 2 weeks later...

Archived