With this much time since the first single and with more Weirdcore videos already made, you'd think Warp would release another single to keep the hype up.

in a bit more than two weeks? don't think so... now i can also wait for the full release :-D.

...still hoping for 5-6 other tracks on richard's bleepstore, same level as the other ones, that would be a nice move. but i guess it won't happen that way. but an album next maybe?

With this much time since the first single and with more Weirdcore videos already made, you'd think Warp would release another single to keep the hype up.

I missed this somehow. Where was this mentioned? Has it been confirmed that he's made more videos for this release???

I missed this somehow. Where was this mentioned? Has it been confirmed that he's made more videos for this release???

He said in a recent interview that "there’s going to be other versions of this video (T69 Collapse). This is V1, there’ll be V1.1 when it comes out and more versions after that. There’s talk of a VR version as well." 

He was just talking about T69 Collapse. That doesn't mean there are videos for other tracks, although it's a possibility. 

He said in a recent interview that "there’s going to be other versions of this video (T69 Collapse). This is V1, there’ll be V1.1 when it comes out and more versions after that. There’s talk of a VR version as well." 

He was just talking about T69 Collapse. That doesn't mean there are videos for other tracks, although it's a possibility. 

I thought so. Also, that sounds like a typical Richard statement that's coming from Weirdcore, which means, take it with a grain of salt. Very skeptical that we'll see more releases of the T69 video lol. Although, the official Aphex Twin youtube channel (not the Vevo one or warp) seems to have been created on July 30th of this year. I doubt he made it just to have T69 Collapse on there, so maybe we will indeed see more videos uploaded in the near future (old and new).

Richard is really creative and has a lot of ideas, sometimes they don't pan out down the road or as quickly as we would like. That's why we've seen a lot of things that haven't been released, like melodies, or sosw2, or the extended version of saw 1, or the best-of mastered soundcloud dump, or the extra orphan tracks on the aphex store. I'd put the weirdcore extra vids into that metaphorical bin for now until we've seen it with our own eyes.

Richard is really creative and has a lot of ideas, sometimes they don't pan out down the road or as quickly as we would like. That's why we've seen a lot of things that haven't been released, like melodies, or sosw2, or the extended version of saw 1, or the best-of mastered soundcloud dump, or the extra orphan tracks on the aphex store. I'd put the weirdcore extra vids into that metaphorical bin for now until we've seen it with our own eyes.

Agreed... I wonder how good he felt putting out that SoundCloud dump. Being someone that has a fuckton of un-finished ideas and many mostly finished tracks in my studio, I can imagine just how much of a release (no pun intended) it would be to feel some sort of completion with all of that work of his, especially considering the majority of them are pretty damn polished and we're totally ready for a release!

I guess that's the best most perfect post 

Edited by beerwolf

Also, 

Bonus thing : Seriously nobody here on WATMM thinks that the beginning of Collapse 69 (especially the bassline) just sounds very much like... 

This : 

This track is better than anything on the Collapse EP in my honest opinion

You mean FUCK YES DJ SPUNK FOREVA!!!

yeah, got it!

:)

so, DJ Spunkshower=RDJ...?

Can't find anything else by mr. spunkster. though :(

More like Squarepusher/Tommibf/Half of Jenkinsons!

.wav

626 or 727?

But I thought Cheetah was more "surprising" "innovative" than this.

Bonus thing : Seriously nobody here on WATMM thinks that the beginning of Collapse 69 (especially the bassline) just sounds very much like...

This :

Those basslines. Has anyone tried copying these syroish basslines? I think it's part the little slips of octave-jumping portamentos but there's something uniqu about them harmonically as well... can't quite wrap my head around them synthesis-wise.

Exactly! But the Th'Idiot EP was before Syro I think. 

I try to do these pitch changing bassline, can't deliver :D

AFX can do it like no one else...

Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned how horrendous the cover art is... I have to agree. Anyone up for making a thread to submit alternate cover art? I could imagine a cover more like this style: 

https://www.discogs.com/Africa-HiTech-93-Million-Miles/release/2871874

Of course with the aphex symbol.. and a dash a Gary Indiana vibes... somehow.  

(Not sure how to visually accomplish this but if someone found a way that would be cool)

LOL?