Don't know if posted yet but i think he might be influenced by jlin yo guys

All comments before the official release date are immaterial.

OK, so lets do the entire thing over! ;)

Seriously though, I'm not sure I like the contrast of the militaristic 'footwork' highhat rhythms with the more typical Aphex stuff that's happening in a couple of these tracks. There are a couple of parts where this interesting stuff happening in a track, melody-wise and rhythmically, but then these militaristic highhats kinda ruin it for me. I don't think the footwork crossover stuff is a very fruitful one, tbh. imo....

Production is top notch though. This is quality work. Musically, I'm not convinced though. It has it's moments. But again, these footwork crossover things kinda ruin it for me. Not my tea.

So yeah, discuss! ;)

No problems with the smearing reverbs though. hehe

Still digesting and processing it. All I can say is so far, after two full listens, I'm not hating the crossover. Maybe not flawless musically, but i actually like the mix of classic Aphex elements with the footwork rhythms. For the hats specifically, I'll have to take a closer look.

Don't know if posted yet but i think he might be influenced by jlin yo guys

All comments before the official release date are immaterial.

OK, so lets do the entire thing over! ;)

Seriously though, I'm not sure I like the contrast of the militaristic 'footwork' highhat rhythms with the more typical Aphex stuff that's happening in a couple of these tracks. There are a couple of parts where this interesting stuff happening in a track, melody-wise and rhythmically, but then these militaristic highhats kinda ruin it for me. I don't think the footwork crossover stuff is a very fruitful one, tbh. imo....

Production is top notch though. This is quality work. Musically, I'm not convinced though. It has it's moments. But again, these footwork crossover things kinda ruin it for me. Not my tea.

So yeah, discuss! ;)

No problems with the smearing reverbs though. hehe

Still digesting and processing it. All I can say is so far, after two full listens, I'm not hating the crossover. Maybe not flawless musically, but i actually like the mix of classic Aphex elements with the footwork rhythms. For the hats specifically, I'll have to take a closer look.

Whenever I question the percussion choices in a track, like I initially did with Marchromt, I thought "why have that weird sounding snare when you could have a normal snare?" And then I imagine Rich making it with a normal snare and then how it would sound and it would probably be a whole lot worse and he knows more than me so I just trust his percussion choices from now on. 

There's really no complaints about any sounds used whatsoever. This stuff is top notch. Changing the highhats for other sounds really wouldn't have made much difference to the point I was talking about. The footwork stuff feels like a distraction at places. That's more about composition than 'sounds' or production, if you know what I mean. 

The guy's probably inspired by it though. So more power to him. To me it was just a distraction of what was otherwise ace. Kinda like adding vocals to some BOC track. It's outta place. Shouldn't have been there. imooo

Edited by goDel

I love this stuff but I'm secretly hoping the next full length album is a return to less chaotic rhythm and more easy listening melodies and synth. like ICBYD, or the analord series, or SAW 2. I want like an hour or two of just farty synth love, cottage tracks, notting hill buss, analord 8, analord 11. Don't even know, just want some chill melodies and vibes.

I love this stuff but I'm secretly hoping the next full length album is a return to less chaotic rhythm and more easy listening melodies and synth. like ICBYD, or the analord series, or SAW 2. I want like an hour or two of just farty synth love, cottage tracks, notting hill buss, analord 8, analord 11. Don't even know, just want some chill melodies and vibes.

Would be nice. But would also prefer he go a little left of that, not so much 'synth' but just....melody-based. This motherfucker wrote Avril 14th and Jynweythek Ylow and Nannou and IZ-US and  Aisatsana and a dozen other amazing melodic stuff (much of Syro's melodies, though couched in funk/pop beats, are v nice). Maybe he's sitting on a ton of prepared piano/etc and other stuff that just hasn't been fitting in with the EPs/albums? SAWIII pls Richie i know u can do it

there's a million tracks like that on the soundcloud dump

there's a million tracks like that on the soundcloud dump

Only like 5 of them are any good tho

I like new thing, but can we please go back to 20 year old thing

When r autechre gonna make amber II?????/

no one is saying this

why do u dingbats act like we're saying this

no one is saying these things

quit being dumbos