^^^ Yeah something tells me we will be mostly seeing EPs from him if he continues releasing on the regular.  If there is like a 3 or 4 year gap we may see an LP. It just takes a while even for Aphex to make his best of the best tracks... then again this ep is almost as long as some of his LPs.. just needed one more track.

Joyrex,  field day lp is probably all that's really there. Unless you're pulling a badger and misdirecting because you know something. It's hard to take your posts at face value these days.  :emotawesomepm9:

Like just randomly talking about some random bonus tracks that haven't been released...

I wonder when he will release his Drukqs 2 he decided to not release from 2001, you know besides those few he did release.

Edited by Brisbot

don't be messin with my feelings

Joyrex is slowly becoming a true neutral character in the WATMM Cinematic Universe, manipulating others feelings with bonus tracks and badgers. Doing whatever he wills such as the kickstarter arc.

I honestly didn't care for it much at first but it's grown on me... However I still think "T69 Collapse" itself might be the worst track on the EP, which gets it off to an awkward start when listening.

1st 44 is my favourite track he's done in ages. I like it more than anything on Syro (which I like a lot) and certainly above all the Analords.

Has been any confirmation that he used a computer for drum edits this time?  The drum programming is off the charts, and my assumption is yes... but I was pretty shocked to find out the programming on Syro was all analog style, Marchrom excepted.  

My reply to myself here is "who cares?"  But I'mma post it anyway.

I skip the first track and have collapse bonus version at the end. Works better that way. Video is top notch tho.

Yeah it's odd. That track really works well as an intro or exit track

Has been any confirmation that he used a computer for drum edits this time?  The drum programming is off the charts, and my assumption is yes... but I was pretty shocked to find out the programming on Syro was all analog style, Marchrom excepted.  

My reply to myself here is "who cares?"  But I'mma post it anyway.

I think it's part of the reason why he is so into the circlon or however it's spelled. Hardware sequencers have come a long way from what I understand.

I think the drum patterns are totally doable with hardware. It still has that semi rigid sequencer feel, even in the most insane drums where if seems like you can pull it off with hardware without it being too much of a fuss.

Doesn't mean he used hardware... I'd use software to do those kinds of drums before I used hardware to do them definitely.

Yep it's his best drum programming since drukqs imo

I like it more than anything on Syro but also think the mixing helps that a lot . I quite like MT1 as well but it's not as interesting structurally as 1st 44 for me..

I agree. It's the layering. He actually semi-took some of that drum programming straight from Jlin where she will have the transient and tail hit at different parts of  the stereo field where the tail has verb-y feel and transient is super sharp. And the ear's like correlation so it'll just feel like this massive hit. when it was layering.

It seems he's backed off focusing on synths and back on drums. 1st 44 is great. I've been making similar tracks inspired by 1st 44 and I can't really help it. It's that good. It feels super... adventurous? I just like the feeling of this track where the momentum is carried from beginning to end in a natural way.

Edited by Brisbot

1st 44 is my favourite track he's done in ages. I like it more than anything on Syro (which I like a lot) and certainly above all the Analords.

I think "MT1 t29r2" is the standout for me, awesome programming and I dig the callback elements of "Taking Control" that come in later in the song.

• 1 month later...

I tend to find because of the massive wankfest that errupts on the release of new Aphex material here on watmm, the tsunami of male spunk drowns me so much I loose all my sense of direction and what is good and what is bad. I'm spinning, lost in a frothy spume of man spunk!

Only two weeks ago did I start playing this again, after maybe 3 months of fasting in the wilderness I knew it was about time to go claw to claw with this epic beast yet again, yeah mate it's a right fucking banger.

HOOF! HOOF! HOOF!