anyone remember the live version of abundance where it went ab-ab-ab-ab-ab-ab-abundance abundance abundance abundance? I cba to go through all the live sets

On 5/8/2019 at 1:56 PM, chronical said:

anyone remember the live version of abundance where it went ab-ab-ab-ab-ab-ab-abundance abundance abundance abundance? I cba to go through all the live sets

I think it was during one of the sets he played Mt1 in. It was either Abundance or 1st 44 he played.

Still think this is the best of his recent material by quite a bit (syro and after). The middle part of Abundance still gives me the shivers and the rest of the tracks are incredibly solid. Nice bonus that it's also loaded with sub-bass and very clear sounding production. 

I do agree. It's probably his best mixing since ever... and CCAI 2.

Over time Abundance went from my least fav track on the ep to my most listened to.

Edited by Brisbot

22 hours ago, kichiguy said:

1st FF is like RDJ's take on juke/footwork right?

Definitely inspired by it. Though it still sounds distinctly his, especially the last minute or so.

• 3 months later...

I just realized that my phone's native music player has a "most played" feature and out of 128 GB of music on my SD card, "abundance" is number 1. I thought that it could be the case but it's still pretty unreal given how much music I have on my phone.

I'm listening to it right now almost exactly a year later and this might be a hot take but it could be techno's Rosetta Stone. It lacks a 303 which really pokes a hole in my statement but it's just remarkable how in just 6:20, he sums up thousands of track hours and several decades of an entire aesthetic. Jesus as if he needs his dick sucked even more lol. 

Edited by xxx

1 hour ago, xxx said:

I just realized that my phone's native music player has a "most played" feature and out of 128 GB of music on my SD card, "abundance" is number 1. I thought that it could be the case but it's still pretty unreal given how much music I have on my phone.

I'm listening to it right now almost exactly a year later and this might be a hot take but it could be techno's Rosetta Stone. It lacks a 303 which really pokes a hole in my statement but it's just remarkable how in just 6:20, he sums up thousands of track hours and several decades of an entire aesthetic. Jesus as if he needs his dick sucked even more lol. 

One of my favorites:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

On 9/22/2019 at 10:08 AM, diatoms said:
On 9/22/2019 at 9:02 AM, xxx said:

One of my favorites:)

It's crazy how this track snuck up on me. I thought all the tracks were great when collapse came out, but Abundance was probably the fourth best to me. Now it's the one I go back to the most on the album.

BTW there's something kinda weak about the mixes of the collapse tracks on youtube.

Edited by Brisbot

• 3 months later...

Woah, listened to Love 7, Swurlk, and then Abundance all in a row basically. 3 very different tracks at first glance, but they each share incredibly similar melodies (at parts, not whole track or anything). I would never have noticed if they didn't come on so close in the shuffle.

Love 7 - 2:10ish
Swurlk -  1:10ish - actually I'm thinking it may be a purposeful/obvious homage I just didn't notice until today

then

Swurlk - the main chord progression at beginning
Abundance - 2:57ish- when the choir comes in, verry similar progression however Aphex's holds the notes longer than Swurlk

They feel very different and yet are so similar. 

Edited by Brisbot

15 minutes ago, harrdil said:

swurlk is a monster 

Definitely one of the best tracks I've ever heard. If I had a nickle for every time listening to it gave me chills I'd be retired

Edited by Brisbot

• 3 months later...

very good album. t69 collapse is one of those quintessential aphex tracks. did richard intuit the coming covid collapse? a little eerie how the track seems based on the concept that came to pass.

made myself a collapse++ playlist with the recent sc tunes, zt01 and flngchords, manchester mini live set, and soundlab20. rather dank.