The death grips comparison is one that I kind of felt earlier as well. Esp. on 1st 44.

One thing I've never understood about videos like this is the need to introduce a cut every 3-4 seconds. Like, does this add something aesthetically pleasing to the presentation? Or is it, like, people can't go more than 3 seconds without losing their train of thought/saying "um"/having to snort another line just to get through it all? Makes me fear we're slowly being habituated to be incapable of  thinking/speaking in complete sentences *puts on tin foil hat*

On a more positive note, reminded me of this:

The death grips comparison is one that I kind of felt earlier as well. Esp. on 1st 44.

One thing I've never understood about videos like this is the need to introduce a cut every 3-4 seconds. Like, does this add something aesthetically pleasing to the presentation? Or is it, like, people can't go more than 3 seconds without losing their train of thought/saying "um"/having to snort another line just to get through it all?

No; just poor editing on the creator's part.

Sick. My cassette bought on the bleep store came addressed directly from mr. Aphex Twin who (after a little expert sleuthing on my part) apparently lives in a nondescript office building in the middle of an industry park in North Carolina.

Shhh! they'll all know then!

Oh, North Carolina - I wonder if the flooding there caused any distribution/fulfillment issues with this release...

Sick. My cassette bought on the bleep store came addressed directly from mr. Aphex Twin who (after a little expert sleuthing on my part) apparently lives in a nondescript office building in the middle of an industry park in North Carolina.

Shhh! they'll all know then!

Oh, North Carolina - I wonder if the flooding there caused any distribution/fulfillment issues with this release...

I thought this ginger looked familiar

The fact that people listen to that Fantano dude astounds me. Music reviewers generally are knobs, but that guy is the knob on the castle's 10meter tall door. Gigantic. Biblical in scale. 

Album is the tits tho. I thought I had some hiss on my vinyl during the last few minutes of T69Collapse but upon further listening, there's just some noise that gets gated out with almost a LPF roll-off automation quality. Noticed it on XMASEVET too, all those pieces of gear have to be noisy as hell and the rolling noise gates sound amazing and let the mix flow well without being too clinical.

The fact that people listen to that Fantano dude astounds me. Music reviewers generally are knobs, but that guy is the knob on the castle's 10meter tall door. Gigantic. Biblical in scale. 

Album is the tits tho. I thought I had some hiss on my vinyl during the last few minutes of T69Collapse but upon further listening, there's just some noise that gets gated out with almost a LPF roll-off automation quality. Noticed it on XMASEVET too, all those pieces of gear have to be noisy as hell and the rolling noise gates sound amazing and let the mix flow well without being too clinical.

I like fontano a lot, he's grown on me a lot. You have to accept his track to track opinion sometimes, it's just that, an opinion, he listens to new music every day, that's got to be tough on the palate to switch between like all those genres. That being said he's generally pretty spot on and provides some good insights. I like randomly watching his reviews and learning about new music in genres I don't usually listen to, hiphop esp.

Probably a listening experience...

or Aphex twins is releasing the other half of collapse to form an LP.

final edit: maybe weirdcore videos for the EP played on local architecture and such.

Edited by olo

Anyone familiar with these locations. Do they have large video displays? Maybe a new video? But if so, why would they be staggered out? Maybe... 4 new videos? It can't be an impromptu live set because the times are too close together.

Wait..... that is right now! Right?!

What?! Whats this?????!!! Should i get on a plane right now?!

Yes. Absolutely. Get on a plane right now. You totally will not be disappointed.

Fuck!!! Where did i leave my plane Keys?!

I'll be heading to one shortly :^)

will be waiting patiently for your full report.

hopefully shoreditch or suttonwalk. That would put it at 3/3:30pm my time.

Edited by olo

Anyone familiar with these locations. Do they have large video displays? Maybe a new video? But if so, why would they be staggered out? Maybe... 4 new videos? It can't be an impromptu live set because the times are too close together.

4 vids! Thats a good option.....?

Came to tell ya about the London thing, I see it's already out on the loose. I'm guessing some sort of art/light/video show based on the EP, but I'll deffo be F5'ing this page to find out later. 

final edit: maybe weirdcore videos for the EP played on local architecture and such.

Yeah, this would be my guess (first thought was blimp, but then was thinking about the weirdcore comments about new versions of the T69 collapse, etc). . . it'll be cool if it's, like, actually pieces of local architecture looking like it's "collapsing" in time w/ the music. . .