final edit: maybe weirdcore videos for the EP played on local architecture and such.

Yeah, this would be my guess (first thought was blimp, but then was thinking about the weirdcore comments about new versions of the T69 collapse, etc). . . it'll be cool if it's, like, actually pieces of local architecture looking like it's "collapsing" in time w/ the music. . . 

that'd be well dope.

Sinkholes imminent

Video played on ground for impromptu dance party. the people falling on the dance floor from disorientation will result in massive casualties.

First off: loving Collapse - some of his best work to date IMO.

Second off: Anyone hearing "old" sounds in some of the tracks? I don't want to imply Richard is recycling old sounds (I am 1000% sure he has throughout his musical career though and is really good about tweaking them so they sound new and original), but sometimes I get a feeling of recognition during some of the tracks with certain sounds (I need to sit down and write down the times in each track to identify them for sure).

Anyone else notice or feel this? 

well, drum sounds for sure. same drum machines after all. 

Yeah, but Richard never leaves output from hardware as-is, does he? Surely he tweaks and modifies it to his liking... what I can remember off the top of my head (this is off T69 Collapse for example) is that farting bass sound after the collapse bit in the song sounds like the same bass beat from "On", no?

I'm probably wrong, but I've never gotten these deja vu feelings from any of his other recently releases...

Fuck it, gonna head to Southbank. I'll try and vid but my phone is quite low on charge, and the mic is fukt

Got a digital camera with a charged battery handy? Use that and video it

Fuck it, gonna head to Southbank. I'll try and vid but my phone is quite low on charge, and the mic is fukt

just strong arm some bloke at the event with a decent phone and force him to join watmm and post vid or else.

Second off: Anyone hearing "old" sounds in some of the tracks? I don't want to imply Richard is recycling old sounds (I am 1000% sure he has throughout his musical career though and is really good about tweaking them so they sound new and original), but sometimes I get a feeling of recognition during some of the tracks with certain sounds (I need to sit down and write down the times in each track to identify them for sure).

Definitely no old sounds in this. It's all 120% next level.

Well you certainly have better-tuned ears than I probably do, so it's likely I'm hearing things that aren't there.

Well you certainly have better-tuned ears than I probably do, so it's likely I'm hearing things that aren't there.

Could it be the drum machines?  Early AFX stuff used lots of the R8, which for sure features on at least one track here(and I would guess more).

there are only so many ways you can make a bass drum, snare drum or what have you with subtractive synthesis

roland r8m has been used on loads of aphex twin tracks 

1st 44 and collapse use the elektron rytm drum machine

there are only so many ways you can make a bass drum, snare drum or what have you with subtractive synthesis

roland r8m has been used on loads of aphex twin tracks 

1st 44 and collapse use the elektron rytm drum machine

I believe there is also an bongo on 1st 44, also

aphex collapse bat signal projected against the cloudy night sky.

loads of easter egg samples on 1st 44

someone should work them all out (not me)

Like an original come to daddy scream sample?

Yes, the beginning of T69 collapse sometimes has me singing in my head 'get me another tie, get me another shirt, get me another wooly. Everyyyyydayyyy.' Weird. 

Enjoying this EP. Especially 1st 44. Favourite track by far at this point. Whole EP sits nicely with end E2, MARCHROMT30a and umil 25-01.