First off: loving Collapse - some of his best work to date IMO.

Second off: Anyone hearing "old" sounds in some of the tracks? I don't want to imply Richard is recycling old sounds (I am 1000% sure he has throughout his musical career though and is really good about tweaking them so they sound new and original), but sometimes I get a feeling of recognition during some of the tracks with certain sounds (I need to sit down and write down the times in each track to identify them for sure).

Anyone else notice or feel this?

Yes, definitely.

Everyone calling for a return to the old stuff.. I don’t think you’ve really ‘got’ Aphex. He doesn’t care what you or anyone else thinks, he’s not going to retread old ground to please people. He’s going to keep on doing his own personal experiments the way he likes as he has done since the start. Whether they’re ground breaking or not is probably not that interesting to him at all. Just enjoy the ride

Tried to check all this fuzz around footwork and nope, couldn't really feel the genre, not my thing. I really like 1st 44 though, maybe I'm listening to it wrong. Find myself snapping fingers along with 1st 44 and MT1. Groovy, baby.

First off: loving Collapse - some of his best work to date IMO.

Second off: Anyone hearing "old" sounds in some of the tracks? I don't want to imply Richard is recycling old sounds (I am 1000% sure he has throughout his musical career though and is really good about tweaking them so they sound new and original), but sometimes I get a feeling of recognition during some of the tracks with certain sounds (I need to sit down and write down the times in each track to identify them for sure).

Anyone else notice or feel this?

Oh you adorable dotard, ie. Collapse (the track) sounds familiar as Rich played it at Houston...and you were there yourself :dadjoke:

Slipknot vs Korn

It was always about Coal Chamber

yep:)

Everyone calling for a return to the old stuff.. I don’t think you’ve really ‘got’ Aphex. He doesn’t care what you or anyone else thinks, he’s not going to retread old ground to please people. He’s going to keep on doing his own personal experiments the way he likes as he has done since the start. Whether they’re ground breaking or not is probably not that interesting to him at all. Just enjoy the ride

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: