Question for people who bought the tape.

Will you actually ever listen to it?

yep :) (mine came, yay)

i know it's kinda silly but i really enjoy cassettes. i listen to them literally every night.. couple hours before bed, turn off all the computers and screens, listen to tapes and read books. relaxo time. i've been doing this for a few years, it's good.

Also, I'm either going mad, or I'm onto something - I was listening to the EP (again) this morning on the way to work, and I *swear* I hear an Autechre-style sound (can't recall which track) at around 2:12 in 1st 44 that made me think I've heard this before.

Perhaps you mean the live recording at Quirky?
Sorry, not sure what you're referring to?
I mean the droning sound throughout the second track of Quirky, Brixton. There's also some ending bit of Kalpol Introl there. Or do you mean something else?

No, this is a "classic" Autechre sound, from the Amber days... I need to sit down and listen and think about which AE track the sound I hear appears in... I need Google search for my thoughts!

Howerya joyrex.

I think I know what you mean.

Are you referring the opening of teartear by autechre?

https://youtu.be/tosnLO1eG48

Sounds like hangable auto bulb. Have we done that?

yeah a bit! future hab

Yes, this. Feeling this one falling under the same category as HAB-RDJ LP-CTD added with the 2010's Aphex flavor ála Syro and Field Day LP. Can't hear any Drukqs in this though. Can't understand where that idea comes from.

Don’t think this has mentioned yet but could be wrong...

Fav part of Abundance is when you think he is going to drop that “land of abundance” sample again...but then the girl says “do you like the fountains?” as if you have been touring the land of abundance the whole time.

I don't think that happens, where are you hearing that?

Totally loving this whole ep now after car-listens, work listens and a proper good sound system listen at home...

thank feck its not like drukqs, which i find very "tinny" production-wise and more  he continuation of the tuss/.syro lush vibes with the bass-bounce i love. 

I wonder wil the next EP be called

<--------"Prolapse EP"

Definitely a strong HAB vibe. I don't hear much Drukqs there tho (aside, maybe, for Phtex indeed). Rushup Edge's overall programming was as detailed, but I suppose Collapse EP's sound-palette make all the intricacy more obvious.

Don’t think this has mentioned yet but could be wrong...

Fav part of Abundance is when you think he is going to drop that “land of abundance” sample again...but then the girl says “do you like the fountains?” as if you have been touring the land of abundance the whole time.

I don't think that happens, where are you hearing that?

4:06.

But listening again it could just be another edit of the abundance sample. My brain might be playing tricks on me.

so my vinyl sounds like ass. Don’t worry I’m not going to go into any autistic I’m the customer I’m owed things rant but has anyone had any luck with good sounding vinyl and where did you order it from. My shit one came from boomkat.com

Edited by dr lopez

so my vinyl sounds like ass. Don’t worry I’m not going to go into any autistic I’m the customer I’m owed things rant but has anyone had any luck with good sounding vinyl and where did you order it from. My shit one came from boomlet

It's a manufacturing defect, so it's likely to be affecting certain batches. I'm guessing it's a bad stamper or something like that, but I don't think there's any particular way to avoid it by doing anything.

For what it's worth, Warp are sending out a replacement for me today (for which I am really surprised and thankful for—they're not obliged to replace since I bought from Norman, so they're going above and beyond here.)

Might be worth getting in touch with them man, seriously.

This vinyl thing is retarded. I just received my copy today - no turntable - kinda wanna know if i have a dud because i don't think they'll be up for taking returns in about a year once i finally put this on :/

Where are you located? I mean I'm still waiting for my copy which has been dispatched from Bleep on 10th Sep. That's unusual.

the build-up after the collapse in t69 is the best part in the whole track. the durichroma version loses the pacing imo

[_] Disagree

[✓] Strongly Disagree

?

I think the durichroma mix is perfect. The transitions are better and the little bonus acapella plinky plonky bit is lovely. Also makes for a better contrast when the rhythmic thumpy bit kicks in and all the little hairy fellas on the back of me neck start their tingly parade

Edited by onlyjokingreallythough

More appropriately, can you listen to it (who has a tape deck these days)?

inherited a sony tape walkman off my granny 2 years ago AND ive  a "ghettoblaster" I use for radio!

Edited by phudoshin

More appropriately, can you listen to it (who has a tape deck these days)?

I posted a thread asking this question a while back. Overwhelmingly most people have a means to playback cassettes