Reporting in a bit late, but I got the ltd vinyl on release day (ordered from AFX store) and it sounds great. No defects this end, or no obvious ones at least. Guess I just got lucky.

Regardless, the EP itself is killer. Easily the best post-Syro release, can't decide if it's on par with/better than Syro yet.

1st 44 and pthex are my favourites at the mo. Lush lush lush!

Agreed. Yeah I'm trying to figure that out myself, Syro vs collapse... To me they're so different it's hard to rate, I put on Syro yesterday and realized how contained and compressed it is, especially (what I still refer to as) Metz track haha... It's definitely for when I'm wanting background Aphex, relaxation music that's still sorta funky, a washed out kind of groove that's still heady. but thinking I like collapse better. It's so theatrical and big sounding-opposite of what I felt all his Syro and post-Syro work was. Honestly, it's only weakpoint imo is that it's an EP not an LP lol.

On another note, can you guys imagine if SAW III was officially announced?

I put on Syro yesterday and realized how contained and compressed it is, especially (what I still refer to as) Metz track haha... It's definitely for when I'm wanting background Aphex, relaxation music that's still sorta funky, a washed out kind of groove that's still heady. but thinking I like collapse better. It's so theatrical and big sounding-opposite of what I felt all his Syro and post-Syro work was. Honestly, it's only weakpoint imo is that it's an EP not an LP lol.

I feel the same about Syro. "Background Aphex" is a good way of describing it for me. Something about the overall mix and sound of it leaves me a bit cold. All the right elements are there but I don't get a buzz off it like I do with Collapse.

I put on Syro yesterday and realized how contained and compressed it is, especially (what I still refer to as) Metz track haha... It's definitely for when I'm wanting background Aphex, relaxation music that's still sorta funky, a washed out kind of groove that's still heady. but thinking I like collapse better. It's so theatrical and big sounding-opposite of what I felt all his Syro and post-Syro work was. Honestly, it's only weakpoint imo is that it's an EP not an LP lol.

I feel the same about Syro. "Background Aphex" is a good way of describing it for me. Something about the overall mix and sound of it leaves me a bit cold. All the right elements are there but I don't get a buzz off it like I do with Collapse.

Totally... Just listened to Collapse again, that way that track 1 just glides over you is so fresh. The whole EP is so futuristic, I think we're sure to look back at it over time in the way we saw Drukqs, very next level, potent and rich.

it's grown on me significantly over the past week. It might be the most important electronic release of the decade, I think. Something about the middle of abundance or those sci-fi synths in pthex transcends time and feels like total bliss. Can't even describe that feeling in words. Like this music is just timeless. We should record it onto a golden disc and send to space.

Quality really made this ep justice. So many new details and layers. 1st 44 is no longer that bad. This is a nice ep.

post-17854-0-10725900-1534768124_thumb.jpg

What if I told you someone will be consuming this hat on september 14, 2018

:)

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

What if I told you someone will be consuming this hat on september 14, 2018

post-17854-0-10725900-1534768124_thumb.jpg

Ya got me. I was sceptical the entire time, was going to listen to it once more to further prove to myself that it's a bad ep. Queued the FLACs and then damn. This was nice. I guess I'd never judge anything by the 96 kbps leak, stupid me.

it's grown on me significantly over the past week. It might be the most important electronic release of the decade, I think. Something about the middle of abundance or those sci-fi synths in pthex transcends time and feels like total bliss. Can't even describe that feeling in words. Like this music is just timeless. We should record it onto a golden disc and send to space.

What condiment goes well with dhl:)

Last time I'll bring it up, Ha!

because of all the slagging off you gave RDJ:)

Looking forward to the collapse ep review video!

It's definitely a grower. Shame on me. And the reverb is fine by the way, the leak was just horrendous in that regard. 

beans on cap. hopefully it will fit in my toaster

It's definitely a grower. Shame on me. And the reverb is fine by the way, the leak was just horrendous in that regard. 

beans on cap. hopefully it will fit in my toaster

Haha:)

Hi Five to ya lickneonlights

Enjoyed Syro much more than Collapse EP. At least dynamically Syro sounds much more polished to me. Surprised to see Abundance to be many peoples fav off this, as it was easily my least favorite. The first half feels very lazy by aphex standards, to me it could be any other artist, doesn't really have his signature vibe IMO. The second half of it is nice though.

Figure my favorite tracks in order are 2, 3, 1, 5, 4. 

I'm not disappointed or anything, but not shidding rainbows like many of the fans. 

My fav was Abundance10 up until yesterday when mt1 started to grow on me ever since.

I think mine is:

Or

Fucking hard to say... In a few days Abundance may be my fav again. It's easily the most sublime like many of you guys have said.

I totally don't get it. The percussion in abundance sounds really lazy to me. No surprises, easy to count off, 1,2,3,4, add slightly arpeggiated bass note, few high hats, few more counts, predictable atmospheric pad, etc etc. I find it really boring.

The bass even sounds like it's "saying" "one two three four one two three four one two three four".

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

sublime.

Ah, that's the word I was looking for, thanks. It's exactly that. I like such tracks. Some kind of sci-fi nostalgia

Just realized that I'm always sort of passively looking for such feeling in everything I listen to (well, mostly electronic), that's why I liked it so much. I guess it's because of airy pads and really soft synths (jesus, who am I, anthony fantano?). It's funny but the first time I heard something like this was when I was about 13 and listening to Limp Bizkit. They have an album of remixed tracks, and My Way (DJ Lethal Remix) had the same sort of airy soft melody that evokes exactly that feeling. It's ridiculous but I still get back to it once in a while just for that melody, it stuck with me ever since. And I just recently watched an Adam Neely video where he says that stuff that we listened to/liked when we were teens is sort of the most cherished period of our life, and always evokes the most nostalgia when we listen back to it. So I guess... I like abundance on a deeper level.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Edited by Guest

I wish you didn’t edit your first post bashing abundance for comparisons sake

I know, I did a complete 180. stupid leaks will never listen to low quality ever again.

10/10 Trolling.

First you say its shit.

Then you say you like it because it reminds you of Limp Bizkit.

Good work.

I'm a paid troll. Why do you think there are 133 pages in this topic? They pay me to keep the elitist snobs of this forum engaged. The links to the funniest replies are then mailed to RDJ and Weirdcore personally, and I receive a commission to my paypal. The more polarizing views are expressed, the higher I get paid. 

Who is this directed at

Yeah because we all know a track has to be overly complicated to be good...

Stephen G

also

10/10 Trolling.

First you say its shit.

Then you say you like it because it reminds you of Limp Bizkit.

Good work.

lol