I totally don't get it. The percussion in abundance sounds really lazy to me. No surprises, easy to count off, 1,2,3,4, add slightly arpeggiated bass note, few high hats, few more counts, predictable atmospheric pad, etc etc. I find it really boring.

The bass even sounds like it's "saying" "one two three four one two three four one two three four".

Nuns gonna nun

pthex in particular has so much surround sound I notice when riding dirty through the farmlands in my automobile compared to when I'm listening on 2 monitor speakers at home.  The bass on this ep is crushing, and is so good for cruising at 15mph across desolate autumn countrysides.  A fitting progression from the gorgeous low khz bass on produk 29.  Also noticed the attention to surround detail listening to the ep on spotify while playing diablo last night on ps4. I must have listened thru a dozen times, each time was an adventure.  Beautiful attention to detail.  A cornucopia of blessings.  

The bass is sexy on this.  I've only listened through twice so far.  Once on a walk, once through my studio monitors.  Haven't fully absorbed it yet, but I'm liking the more complex drum programming direction.  Curious if there was a lot of computer edits this time, or if he's somehow making that insanity through hardware alone, as Syro was allegedly made.  Allegedly.

Programming Allegations - new moniker for someone.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I held a one person RAVE in my kitchen last night

Ate mushrooms and put collapse ep on big speakers

Connected with my Higher Self and received answers to my questions

Danced and had Fun:)

abundance10edit[2 R8's, FZ20m & a 909] made my emotions flow and tears fell:)

I had already heard the rest of the ep except abundance10edit[2 R8's, FZ20m & a 909] and pthex before then because I didn't want to run out of new aphex and the Awesome first time listening to any of his new songs that Always collapse my mind

Woke up early this morning and took my best friend to the bus for the airport

I handed her a 1994 walkman (hers that she hadn't used in decade and a half, Ha!), sennheiser cans and an unopened collapse cassette to relive the 90's:)

Thanks for all the Healing RDJ!!!

It might be the most important electronic release of the decade, I think. Something about the middle of abundance or those sci-fi synths in pthex transcends time and feels like total bliss. Can't even describe that feeling in words. Like this music is just timeless. We should record it onto a golden disc and send to space.

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

This one is getting surprisingly lot of praise even on afx fanboy standards. Yes, it's good and all, but I have to confess I really like Cheetah more. imo it's the strongest one of these latest ep's, although general consensus seems to be quite opposite. True, I've had a whole year to let it sink fully in and like I've said, I'm little slow with getting totally in with new music so not giving my final judgment too soon. T69's, both of 'em, have become my favorites from the EP, passed even the holy MT1 track.