Still think this is great. Noisy pressing but the music is so good it's kinda easy to listen through the crackles.

1st 44 has the best chromatic cowbells ever, the best. Also the sorta kalimba sounding drum and the coppery synths, the granular plastic scream/horn sound and the dramatic crashes and splashes of the cymbals. Ugh, delicious.

Edited by user

Okay, I think "MT1 t29r2" and "pthex" are my favorites. Haven't given them a good headphone listen yet though.

After a listen on headphones, these are still my favorites.

Does anyone remember that comment by aphex, that he was working on 2 syro tracks AFTER syro that weren't finished? one ended up being End E2. I just realized that the other one is probably T69 Collapse. IT sounds the most syro in terms of synthesis and drum programming, and the other tracks sound more recent what with the crazy panning.

Does anyone remember that comment by aphex, that he was working on 2 syro tracks AFTER syro that weren't finished? one ended up being End E2. I just realized that the other one is probably T69 Collapse. IT sounds the most syro in terms of synthesis and drum programming, and the other tracks sound more recent what with the crazy panning.

Agreed yeah, I was thinking that earlier today actually.

I don't recall his comment though.

I recall it coming up in a thread or two sorry! I just meant I didn't see the comment myself.

It def feels the most Syro-ish. Somewhat like circlont 14, no? It seems similar to that track at least in palette for me.

i thought i had overplayed the houston track bootleg and would need to give t69 collapse (durichroma) a rest to let the other tracks catch up, but i am just continuing to appreciate it more. what a great song.

Edited by very honest

Indio

is

gonna

collapse

:aphexsign:    :aphexsign:    :aphexsign:    :aphexsign:    :aphexsign:    :aphexsign:

1st 44 from five minutes and sixteen seconds sounds like a wretched soul descending slowly towards Hell, waiting on the starless periphery to enter, and firework rockets being fired in the distance just beyond the gates. Just to welcome you. 

And now the wolf is dead.

Edited by beerwolf

Durichroma mix of Collapse is the fucking bollocks. The extended outro adds so much character to the track and the new melody in the bridge flows so perfectly, original mix is weak by comparison.

Agreed?

Agreed yeah, I was thinking that earlier today actually.

I don't recall his comment though.

For some reason I always assumed the other track was MARCHROMT, which was slipped to limited Japan edition of Syro at the last minute (i.e. the other tracks were handed out to Warp a way earlier, so in principle Syro was already "done"). Somehow remember I read it from Syro thread. Possibly a false memory as no-one else have brought it up by now.

#yetanothershitpost

big apple

might

collapse

:aphexsign:                               

:aphexsign:                                                                    :aphexsign:                   

Can you imagine being an artist

and there's a thread somewhere on a forum with 139 pages discussing your music

going into all the possible details, as far as to discuss the reverb tails and choice of samples

mindblowing

and then there's people buying your music too, regularly

you might go to Reddit and see someone post yet another Aphex-inspired track, you check it out and smile

You also get to play live on numerous occasions, to people that mostly care about your music, in different countries

You close your browser and go to a room full of analogue gear, just jamming and having fun. "that new Korg thing sounds funny, let's see if I can detune it, hmm. costs 100k$? no probs"

You get carried away with gear, and then your russian wife's calling you to come to a patio, dinner is served. Beautiful Irish/English scenery with hills and grass and stuff around

you feel joy and happiness. 

aphextwin3.jpg?resize=363%2C200

for the rush, the adaptation and the general backwardness of the act my man

album is good, not quite good tho

I recall it coming up in a thread or two sorry! I just meant I didn't see the comment myself.

It def feels the most Syro-ish. Somewhat like circlont 14, no? It seems similar to that track at least in palette for me.

You know I'm not sure. It's just syro in textures, but besides that it reminds me more of Dave Monolith than Syro, but aphex twin composed Monolith music. Then there's the middle section which is its own thing and like that one track off  field day. It's just really cool to see that a... *checks wikipedia* 47 year old is still changing up his style in big ways. It would be easy to just backslide into a similar style and never change as most people do (in general, not just musicians).

I thought e2 was meant to be on Syro but something was up with clearing samples or something .. don't know . Memory is hazy of these very important details ...

I just remember a bunch of useless stuff and I own up to the uselessness of it. I have a good memory in general, but a very very good memory for useless trivia and comments from... like everyone ever. Also each of your posts has this sarcastic tinge to it, it's driving me nuts :P

For some reason I always assumed the other track was MARCHROMT, which was slipped to limited Japan edition of Syro at the last minute (i.e. the other tracks were handed out to Warp a way earlier, so in principle Syro was already "done"). Somehow remember I read it from Syro thread. Possibly a false memory as no-one else have brought it up by now.

It may very well be, but Marchromt came out with Syro basically, and that comment was like 1 year after the album.

Durichroma mix of Collapse is the fucking bollocks. The extended outro adds so much character to the track and the new melody in the bridge flows so perfectly, original mix is weak by comparison. 

I agree, though I had always that that 'interlude' toward the end with the main sine wave was a piano in the live version, but no it's straight up just a stripped down simple synth patch which kinda disappointed me, so I can see why it didn't make the final track, but I still like it. Compositionally it's more complete than the main version and runs the full gamut of emotions in the resolution of the track.

IIRC; the End E2 track was released with the message "didn't make it for personal and technical reasons", without explaining what those reasons were.

so it's speculation time!

personal reasons = wanting to include anastasia/prefering it to E2

technical reasons = a shelved early version of the vinyl press, in which E2 is the last track on a single-sided disc (like Geogaddi and that Coil moonlight thing)

if that is the case, goddamn we need to find that E2 disc. it must be worth like five geogaddi blue promos.

Just a thought that Cheetah and Syro are the big Collapse comparisons referenced on this thread... but what about "Field Day"? Twas a proper full release on the Aphex store but often overlooked and FULL of gems... having said that Collpase is more Syro-like.. at least compared tot he big 3 previously unreleased syro tracks. Ok carry on!

....I thought the reverb tails were "sloppy"?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

only in the leak. I took that back some 20-30 pages ago

Did someone hurt you when you were a child that you grew up to be a mean and spiteful internet warrior? Perhaps your parents were mean to you or neglected you? Realizing your childhood traumas is the first step to becoming mentally healthy.